WAG BHS on beam?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

LJL07

Proud Parent
Which is easier on beam...landing on two feet or the step out? And is one considered "higher" difficulty for optional routines or the same? Just curious more than anything. It's interesting that the 2 feet appears easier for some kids while others find the step out easier.

really depends on the gymnast from what dd tells me. and difficulty level is the same. The different landings become more important for when they begin connecting skills out of it and which one is better depends on what skill is being connected.

ETA: I tend to see more step outs but that may be my area or perception

Last edited:
Everyone else does the stepout, but my little oddball is much more comfortable landing on two feet.

Bhs step-outs are more common in our area. Dd and her team all competed bwo-bhs (step out) for lv 6 and lv 7.

In JO my DD struggled with the bhs/bhs step out series up through level 10 with the layout. She competed it but was never comfortable and did not always get the credit for the connection. Her college coach recognized this and changed it to the two foot landing - what a difference!!! She now competes beam successfully with confidence!

In JO my DD struggled with the bhs/bhs step out series up through level 10 with the layout. She competed it but was never comfortable and did not always get the credit for the connection. Her college coach recognized this and changed it to the two foot landing - what a difference!!! She now competes beam successfully with confidence!
I am always so glad to hear stories like this! DD is quirky in that she can do some really hard things with ease but other things the other kids pick up pretty well, she struggles with. It's been weird. I have two girls in gym and always post questions about this daughter but not the other. Lol!

At our gym some do step outs and some do two feet. The stepouts are more popular with the flexible girls with nice lines and the two feet is more popular for girls with less flexibility but lots of power. I do stepouts, two feet seems much scarier and less controlled for me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back