Blind L6 Gymnast in Texas (awesome story!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

B

bribri514

I am friends with USAG on facebook and today they posted a link to this story.

It's about 10 year old Lola, a L6 gymmie who is legally blind. I can't figure out how to turn to captions on the video but the comments made it seem like a very heart warming and inspiring story, thought I would share with you all! (That said if someone could figure out how to turn captions on I would appreciate it very much!!)

Blind Gymnast's Leap of Faith

I am friends with USAG on facebook and today they posted a link to this story.

It's about 10 year old Lola, a L6 gymmie who is legally blind. I can't figure out how to turn to captions on the video but the comments made it seem like a very heart warming and inspiring story, thought I would share with you all! (That said if someone could figure out how to turn captions on I would appreciate it very much!!)

Blind Gymnast's Leap of Faith
this is really neat.

Way to go Lola! A very inspiring story!

My daughter had a team mate who is also legally blind, no depth perception. That jump to the high bar is impressive!

I also am inspired by the parents who provide the same opportunities to their visually impaired children! The girl I know rides a 2 wheeler, does competitive dance and has hung up her leotard for now but the example she left is not forgotten.

I would chuckle when on our way to gym my daughter would ask: Mom why is there a blind child area sign there? To her her team mate wasn't any different! I love that our children see the child and not the impairments!

Wow that brought tears to my eyes and will share it with my gymmie and the team parents :) Thanks for sharing bribri514!!

Her story was featured on Good Morning America (the weekend edition) last weekend, I taped it for my dd to watch when she woke up, teenagers, late sleepers :rolleyes:...

Very inspirational story!

She is amazing & an inspiration to all!!! I've been seeing this video clip popping up all over( yahoo news feed, Facebook, here). I think she's becoming a bit of a celebrity & it's well deserved I might add:D!!! So nice to see such a courageous girl get some recognition:D!!!

she's great but when she fell off the beam during her bwo....lets just say i dont want that to happen to me! It looked so painful and scary!

Thank You So Much for sharing this I showed it to My seven year old she too is leagly blind even with corrective lenses she refuses to wear her glasses to gym which scares me to death!! I will never forget her comment at age 2 when she first got her cute little coke bottle Glasses She said Mommy the Grass is little green sticks! It broke my heart to know that she only saw blobs of color! It is amazing to me that these kids who have what we would consider a disability are such great kids without any handicaps!

Isn't that Black hills in Washington State? I think my dd competed against her at one meet.

That was really amazing. I have amblyopia in one eye (working to correct it) which causes poor depth perception and makes it hard to vault, jump to the high bar, etc. But I have it so much easier compared to her. Now I can think, wow, that girl is legally blind and she did a great vault, so why shouldn't I be able to as well? :)

I'm still amazed NOBODY at the camp knew about her disability!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back