Parents Bogs meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All jewellery has to be out in England to train and compete including all coaches jewellery. I worry about losing my wedding ring. BG insurance is invalid otherwise.
I would have expected the judge to ask a coach to help her not let her struggle.

I took my school to a netball tournament last year and we were drawn in the pool with the referee from h*ll. She shouted and lined all the kids up before we started and made them take out earrings which wasn't a great start. Then she inspected them for necklaces and watches and those had to come off. Then - get this- she made them all hold their hands out and any nails that reached the end of their fingers had to be cut off before they were allowed to play. Most schools didn't have scissors so the poor kids had to chew them down. She then inspected each child again before they could play. Children who didn't want to chew them down had to sit out! She was one mean lady let me tell you. {{shudder}}

Gymnut, that's so crazy. The tramp judge was just like that, yelled at her and the coach and the poor little thing just crept off crying. Sadly I was on the upper floor watching floor!

Pixieflips, little Bog has all the same issues with her ers amd hates anyone touching them, we are so careful about hygeine with them too, so to take them out at a meet with all those germs just freaked her out.

They have competed tramp at the meets for two years and this is the first time that we had heard this, the judge was a very high level judge, normally the judges for this level are regional and way more relaxed. The same with the bar judge, we had never seen her before and we hope we never see them again!!!

But it was a good beginning comp for them both, Baby Bog sees that she needs to get her polish back and once more Big Bog learned that judges can be very odd!

Last edited:
Congrats to both your dd's! Awesome job all around! Boo to the mean judge! I've always heard that as long as they are small studs, they can be worn. I do not know how you can stand the stress of two competing!!!! I'd loose my mind! Congrats to both!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back