WAG Books about gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone, Happy New Year!
One of the gymnasts from my gym is sick in the hospital and not able to do much. I was going to visit her tomorrow and bring a couple of things that she would be able to enjoy in the hospital. I was wondering if you have any suggestions for books about gymnastics that I could get. I know Nastia just came out with one so I was going to get that, and see if there were any others. Thanks!

My daughter quite enjoyed Shawn Johnsons autobiography. The content was pretty light and inspiring.

Grace Gold and Glory by Gabby
off balance by Dominique

My dd liked both. If you are just planning to pick up a book from a local store tomorrow, you won't have much selection beyond the autobiographies but they are good reads. If she has a kindle, you have a greater selection that can that can bee immediately delivered.

What age? There are a variety of fiction books with gymnastics as the subject. Which ones would be best depends on her age.

Dominique Moceanu wrote a 3 part series called the Go for Gold series.

Another novel about a 13yo gymnast: Gold Medal Summer

Also Shannon Miller's new book might be good, she wrote it after her fight with cancer, she mostly talks about her gymnastics but folds in some more recent stuff too. Might be esp. good for a kid facing their own health issues.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back