WAG Bottom of feet hurt

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

roll123

Proud Parent
During the summer DD had a heel that bothered her when she tumbled. Recently she had been complaining the bottoms of her feet hurt when she tumbles on the floor, not her heel, her feet. She is relatively new at this gym and says the floor is new and hard, but she's been here for a year and this is just starting. Any thoughts?

Is she doing new skills? What level is she? Has she recently hurt her ankles/feet, even minorly?

I know when I had ankle pain, it was partially due to an accessory bone, that was triggered when I sprained my ankle. Maybe she too has an extra bone?

If she has grown a lot, she may have plantar flancitis. Or if she changed the way she punches or lands on floor.

My best suggestion is seeing a podiatrist, orthopedic, or sports medicine doctor who specializes in either kids or has good experience with gymnasts.

She hasn't been doing much up training. She's a level 6/7 and she starts competing soon so lots of routines.

I vote plantar fasciitis, too. Especially if it hurts mostly at night. A hard gym floor with no shoes to support the feet will do it for sure.

If it is plantar, our solution has been good shoes all the time (no flip flops/sandals ever) and hot bath then ice after the gym. Even when the pain goes away, continue to use supportive shoes as it recurs easily.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back