WAG Bow, scrunchie, or both?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

IMG_1430.JPG
Does anyone else have a bow this big? I used every filter I could to disguise the bow since it's custom made for the team.

My daughter's team is required to wear a high ponytail. If it is too long for a short bouncy ponytail it has to be put in a single braid and tucked up into a loop. Decoration is three slim ribbons in team colours tucked through the black or brown hairband and tied into a bow. Nothing like a big cheer bow. My daughter's hair is very long so I secure her loop with two hairbands.

The ribbons look very understated because the goal is just neat and teamlike. Much like this, but without the scrunchie underneath.

http://static-23.sinclairstoryline....tic_Gymnastics_Women__scottskomotv.com_17.jpg

For a few years when they were younger the girls had to wear french braided pigtails and that was well beyond my limited hair skills. The coach had to do my daughter's hair for me. I am a big fan of simple and neat.

Oh man, listening to you all our gym is kind of over the top! We are required to wear two scrunchies that match the leotard and a huge ornate bow the coaches made! Aaand, the hair has to be in a VERY secure bun with no wispies. It takes me over half hour to do my dd's hair and then she's in pain for a bit after putting all the pins, plus the two scrunchies and a bow. I should upload a pic..

Your daughter's hair looks very neat and lovely in those photos, but having to do that before each meet would break me! I love her gym, but I think that would have me eying off the hair requirements at the gym down the road a bit. Especially as I like to regularly do her hair for training the same way she has to wear it for meets so that it doesn't feel weird and different and distracting on competition days.

I hate, hate,hate bows. My kid didn’t wear them as a toddler.

So thankfully neither of our gyms were bow gyms...

Bun or high pony with scrunchie. You can add braids or whatever. My kid doesn’t like a lot of stuff. She is even more of a minimalist then me. I’d be happy to get some braids in she is like no way. That sucker (scrunchie) slips on the bun or gets wrapped 3 times on the pony.

My gym never required anything specific, just that hair had to be neatly out of our faces. I did a side French braid running into a ponytail with a scrunchie. I also sprayed gold glitter in my hair too.

Our gym doesn't require anything specific either. Most girls wear the scrunchie that comes with the leo. A few wear a hairband with ribbons tied to it. I've never seen girls in bows.

No requirements thankfully, although I think our coach secretly (or not so secretly) really likes the bow look. She's never required it though! We do a simple side french braid into a pony tail a la Maddie Kocian. Scrunchie around the pony tail. I like the simple look and the bounce of the pony tail.

Our gym does not require a certain hairstyle. Sometimes I wish they would because some girls on the team have very long hair that is loose and does not look polished.

My DD likes a tiny bow, Simone Biles-esque. This year she's got her hair pretty short so it will have to be in french braided pigtails with a ribbon in each. If there's one thing I can do well it's hair, and she always looks very nice and her ribbon is not over-the-top at all.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back