WAG Bow, scrunchie, or both?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No requirements thankfully, although I think our coach secretly (or not so secretly) really likes the bow look. She's never required it though! We do a simple side french braid into a pony tail a la Maddie Kocian. Scrunchie around the pony tail. I like the simple look and the bounce of the pony tail.
The side braid thingee is the thing i cannot do for the life of me. Argh!

I am so bad at this stuff, that i didnt even explain it properly, but the madison kocian braid is what the gym would love me to figure out, but understands i am french braid challenge. If anyone out there knows a good video, pm me.

Reactions: sce
neither. as long as the hair is off the face. my dd does double french braids. we use an elastic (to which i've tied team color ribbons) to secure both braids into a single one. buns won't work with her hair. a lot of our older girls do "messy buns". ie - pony tails tucked up. they are constantly fixing them between events.

DD likes a side braid into a bun. The best I can manage is a bun. Glad her mom can do the side braid thing.

This is my best. Move up meet this summer. This is after level 4 was done eating before level 5 began. Still looks fairly good. The Braid, which I have zero ability to do, makes hair look so much better.

And for fun how about the hair itself as a bow?

Attachments

• 20170708_094002.jpg
    20170708_094002.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 20160831_195118.jpg
    20160831_195118.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
John, I'm impressed. I've done a million braids but none of mine are competition worthy.

ETA: Luckily I don't have any pictures handy at the moment.

The side braid to pony/bun thing is impossible if your kid has bangs. You barely get the dang braid started and it’s pony time. And I can actually friend braid it’s one of the few hair skills I have.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back