Brag Alert . . . and some new skills questions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am 14 yrs old and I started gymnastics at 13 with no prior experience. I am very proud of the progress I have made so far. I compete on a prep - opt intermediate team (lvl 5/6) and my hardest skills are:
Bars: flyaway (supposes to be tucked but I pike (not on purpose))
Beam: cartwheel - coach mention I can start cartwheel cartwheel
Floor: Round off back hand spring back tuck, front tuck
Vault: front handspring on the table

Questions: (coaches or gymnasts with experience)
Bars: What is the next skill for my I have both hip circles , a glide kip, a pullover etc .
also , I am having trouble doing my fly away without a coach standing there (I won't let go)

Beam: I want my back walk over so bad !!! How long did it take you/the gymnasts you coach/ your dd.
I have done some on the floor with a line but when I try to but my hands close I don't get over - any tips/drills or conditioning

Floor: I get over my in my back tuck fine they are medium height , but I am not setting. What are some tips to get a good set
I have very poor front handsprings I would like to improve them any tips

Vault: my coach says I am coming onto the board far back and with straight feet any tips?
Also I am diving into the vault - any tips

so pretty much I just need tips on my skills

EXTRA BONUS : I am also a cheerleader trying out for the upcoming high school team this season: If I have a 5 - 6 ft back tuck on spring floor do you think I could safely do I nice one on grass. Could anyone with experience tell me how much harder it is.

Thanks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back