Parents Brag alert: visit to Woodward

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MaryA

Proud Parent
Proud Parent
Tonight some other team moms and I went to visit our girls at Woodward. The pot was sweetened somewhat by the fact that there is a very good restaurant near Woodward (Aside: Anyone with kids going to Woodward in PA HAS to stop at the Elk Creek Cafe in Millheim... locally raised meats, locally made cheeses and breads, beer brewed on the premises... very yummy!) so visit kids, eat burgers, drink beer... a good night all around!

However, the highlight of my evening was when we showed up at camp... hadn't even found my child yet (she was in the pool)... but went to the cabin and her cabin mom said, "You're Kathy's mom? I have to give you a hug because you have raised the perfect child and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise!" Went on to say how sweet and kind and helpful my DD is. How's that for a warm fuzzy parent moment? (and let's face it, we gotta take 'em when we can get 'em, right?) :eek:

I'm jealous. My fear is when I pick Bella up from FlipFest next Friday, that the cabin mom is going to slug me in the face for raising such a hellacious rapscallion.

maryA that is such an aewsome compliment. i bet kathy is having a balst and you are a proud mama!!
bellas mom i highly doubt that her cabin mom would do that to you, you are a great mom :D

I'm jealous. My fear is when I pick Bella up from FlipFest next Friday, that the cabin mom is going to slug me in the face for raising such a hellacious rapscallion.

Ha ha ha ha! Oh, my! That sweet little girl in the picture? I'm sure not!

I'm also sure that "perfect" children don't still suck their thumbs at age 10. If she wasn't so darn likeable (or maybe it's all that anti-bullying rhetoric in the schools?) her peers would have made her life a living hell by now and she would have stopped! Where are the bullies when you need them? ;)

What a great compliment MaryA!!! It is times like this that make you feel proud that you are doing something right as a mom!!! Congrats and that restaurant sounds awesome!!!

Bella's Mom, that made me laugh! I'd be in the same boat with my six year old!Kathy's mom---congrats! What a compliment!

Awesome story! That's great that you get to visit her at camp!

I feel your pain as my 7 yo is still a thumb sucker. She does not want to stop even after a trip to orthodontist confirmed that she needed to stop as her teeth are horrible.

I'm in PA too so maybe my dd will go to Woodward next year when she is 8. We are much closer to IGC so I'm torn.

That is great Mary. Wish I could have joined you for the yummy dinner. We are pretty far away from PA though!!! :)

I'm in PA too so maybe my dd will go to Woodward next year when she is 8. We are much closer to IGC so I'm torn.

It is nice to be close... nice to visit if you're so inclined and nice for peace-of-mind if she were to get hurt or sick or whatever. If you DO decided to bring her to Woodward though, let me know, and we can meet at the Elk Creek Cafe!

Yes! Those are the kinds of kudos I love to hear myself! "What well behaved children you have!" I'm still holding out!! And yes MaryA, you also strike me as a GREAT Mom!! Keep up the great work! (Virtual Pat on the back!!)

What a wonderful thing to hear!! That would mean more to me than any gymnastics award my dd could ever bring home!!

Those are hard qualities to preserve in this day and age!!! way to go mom!!! Above all else I always hope my kids are kind. I think it its one of the most important things to teach our children.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back