Bruised hips - Please reply soon!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have problems with bruising my hips on bars. Usually I practice once a week for 2 hours. We are on bars for 30 minutes each time. I almost always end up with bruised hips (and for some reason, it is always way worse on the right side). I guess it is from casting so much, and when I get tired, I tend to lose my balance in the middle of my cast (at the highest point) and fall back down hard onto the bar. Even when that doesn't happen, though, I still end up with bruises! It wasn't so bad though, because usually the bruises didn't appear until after practice, and they healed by the next week. This week though, I am going 3 days (Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) because I am trying out the Xcel team. On Tuesday, we were working on casting as high as we could to work towards cast to handstands. I got to, oh I don't know, maybe 30 degrees above horizontal. When I was at the highest point, my hands both slipped off, and I crashed back down onto the bars with no hands. I now have a nice big bruise on my right hip (none on my left, strangely). I have to do bars again on Thursday, and I don't know what I will do! It hurts when I put just a slight bit of pressure on it with my finger, so I don't know if I can handle all the banging on it from casting. What should I do? Please reply soon, I have to know before Thursday night!

My dd had tons of bruises on her hips/pubic bone when she was first doing kip cast handstand - she iced them a ton and that seemed to help. I think it just goes with the territory...

Best of luck with your tryout.

I've seen girls tear up old pit blocks and stuff them in their shorts to pad it a little. If you do that make sure you have permission though.

I've seen girls tear up old pit blocks and stuff them in their shorts to pad it a little. If you do that make sure you have permission though.

Well, we don't have a pit, so that won't really work...
I can see if I some foam at home, though. Do I have to tape it to my hip, or will it stay just stuffed in my shorts?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News