Camp Flip Fest?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hey everyone
just wandering if anyone went to camp flip fest in the past years. i am cunssidering on going this coming summer, but wasnt sure if it is worth it. i have gone to diffent gymnastics camps in the past and they turned out to be a waste of money:(. so if anyone has gone and would like to give me an idea of what u do there, and if its worth the money.:D

What do you mean by waste of money? What are you hoping to gain from camp? Mastery of new skills? Don't bother going to camp unless you are literally going to spend the whole summer there.

If, on the other hand, you're looking for fun, new friends, new experiences, etc, then many camps will fit that bill.

I've worked at Flip Fest the past two years and I think the camp is run extremely well. Johnny R and Johnny Mac both care a lot about all their campers as well as their staff. They like to provide lots of opportunities to do fun things that are totally unrelated to gymnastics and there's plenty of time to hang out with the special guests of the week outside of the gym. They also try to make sure EVERY camper has a great time and receives anything they need to make their experience better. I love how any problems are dealt with. I have a lot of respect for the owners of Flip Fest.

I was a camper at Lake Owen 5 or 6 years ago and I LOVED it, but I lived in the gym. I think I enjoyed Lake Owen more than I would have enjoyed Flip Fest at the time because I wanted to be in the gym every second of every day that I was there. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of workout time at Flip Fest, but I think they force a little more balance than Lake Owen. That can be a good thing or a bad thing...just depends on what you want. I don't know what Lake Owen is like now-days though.

Anyway, Flip Fest is a great camp. I love the fact that it's relatively small and Johnny R and Johnny Mac do a great job picking coaches who really love to teach gymnastics. Even the guy who does warm-ups (Randy) is hilarious. I think the atmosphere is awesome. Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

LOved it!

I went to flip fest last summer with two of my friends for the gym. I absolutely loved it! The coaches there are wonderful, and getting to meet Alicia S. and Justin Spring (the special guests) was amazing! I think Flip Fest has just the right amount of workour hours, along with optional open gym everyday. I like that there are lots of other activities to choose from when you are not in the gym, including paintball, ropes course, movie night, swimming, and hiking. It was an amazing experience.
But, it depends on what you mean that it wasnt worth it to go to theother camp? If your planning on trying to come back from camp a whole level higher, then you might need to consider going to a different one or staying for the whole summer :)
Flip Fest does a great job with letting you work the hardest skills you are willing to train and are ready for. They Check what level you are at and then get started trying to help you learn as many skills as possible. Over all I would recomend Flip Fest to any one who asked me. Iloved my time there, andhope to return this summer:)

also, there are a range in prices for flip fest-
it is most expensive in the middle of the summer
and least expensive in the beginning and end ofthe summer
hope this helped!

My daughter went to FlipFest Camp this past summer, and LOVED it! She is going to go again this summer, and is very excited! I would recommend it to anyone.

I was glad that she got lots of gym time, but that it wasn't the ONLY thing she did. She got to swim, and jetski, and do the ropes course, and crafts....and on and on! It was well worth the money for her.

I have heard great things about this camp from multiple gymnasts and coaches who have attended. I actually applied to work there for a week this summer, and really hope I get the opportunity. From what I have heard, this camp is an excellent, fun, and unforgettable experience.

Not only do the gymnasts learn gymnastics from some of the best coaches in the world, but they also have fun while doing so. The camp has a lot of great activities, as mentioned above, that will keep the children busy while not in the gym. The camp leaders do a great job of making the camp as fun as possible for each camper.

I strongly recommend this camp to anyone interested!

My DD went to Flip Fest last summer and is going again this summer. This was the 1st time being away from home and I weas very nervous sending her. She had the BEST time and is excited to go again. I think the balance between Gym and Fun is perfect. She got to meet Nastia, mades lots of new friends. She also spent a lot of her free time on the lake tubing. I would recommend this camp to anyone.

thanks evryone for your replies....your answers have helped me so much!i have decided on going this summer!im hoping to stay the whole summer so i can get as much out of the camp as possiable...im so phyced for this summer to come.

I just signed up for flip fest week 4 last week! I am so super excited. It will be my first time going to a camp. I can not wait!

I have just recently heard of Flip Fest in TN. My in-laws actually just moved to Crossville, TN. Do they have age / level requirements? I am thinking for maybe next year.

I have just recently heard of Flip Fest in TN. My in-laws actually just moved to Crossville, TN. Do they have age / level requirements? I am thinking for maybe next year.

YOu have to be at least 7 years old to go tothat camp, and can't be older then 17 top be a camper.

AThere aren't any level requirements; you could even be a recreation gymnast and go.

OMG I am going this summer and I am SO excited! I seriously CAN'T WAIT!!! It looks very fun, and I can't wait to go on the giant swing :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back