Cartwheel on beam , HELP!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I can land my cartwheel on the beam but i just fall ( jump) off straight after,:mad:
(Sometimes i stay on though :) )
I have drawn a line as thick as the beam and practiced on it but , i still do the same thing :(
I have tried making a 'T' with my hands (it never helped)
i have looked under my arm at my foot landing ( it sometimes helps) has anyone got any tips?:confused:
I practice it on beams at different heights

(this is my first post) :p

hmmm, well all i can really suggest is pressing your first leg into the beam and practicing it so that you feel your weight on the front leg, making you stable and strong in the "lunge" position.

hmmm, well all i can really suggest is pressing your first leg into the beam and practicing it so that you feel your weight on the front leg, making you stable and strong in the "lunge" position.

Also, Spot the end of the beam and keep your hips square.
Make sure your legs are going up and over instead of around

I had this EXACT problem too, My coach told me to slow it down, make sure i'm not cutting around the side, land in a lunge, look at the end of the beam when you land and what helped me was when i landed to have one arm up in the arm and the other straight out following the line of the beam.

I have been practicing on a plank of wood with lines 10cm apart, ive tried landing in lunge, It helps SOOO much!!! thanks :) xx

Start with a big step, lift your back leg straight over your head, see your foot land, and then watch the end of the beam. Oh if you are a righty, then after you see your foot land lift your LEFT arm up to a crown, if you are a lefty (meaning you FINISH your CW with your RIGHT foot in front) then lift up your right hand. (did that make sense?) Trust me it works.

Make sure you bend your knees when you land! Its always easier to stick it when your weight is pressed down! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back