Parents Cartwheel Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jaks

Proud Parent
My 6 year old dd is a leftie and she is more comfortable attempting her cartwheels from her left foot. When she does them she tends not kick up overly high and when she ands she twists her legs over each other, she seems to have trouble even if she kicks up high enough, she does a straddle shape but comes out of it early if you know what I mean.

Any one got any ideas as to what is going wrong, she has been trying for nearly a year.

if you practice at home put a duct tape on the carpet. that is for her to see her hands and feet placement. if she falls on her side because she twistsher leg i would not recoend todo it at home for safety reason.If you want her to practice extra time beyond tneclass time, you can take her to open gym where floors are patted. ask her to to try to follow the line on her cartwheels there.

My 6 year old dd is a leftie and she is more comfortable attempting her cartwheels from her left foot. When she does them she tends not kick up overly high and when she ands she twists her legs over each other, she seems to have trouble even if she kicks up high enough, she does a straddle shape but comes out of it early if you know what I mean.

Any one got any ideas as to what is going wrong, she has been trying for nearly a year.

i'd say go to the right. she's 6 and can experiment.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back