WAG Twisting wrong direction?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

How about this... Jade Carey is a left leg roundoff and a right leg front handspring... see it at 1:58...

Whoa, that’s so weird! Looks like she also favors her right side for dance elements? It’s hard for me to tell since she doesn’t do any simple leaps or turns.

I'm confused. We all agree that a right CW/RO is a left twist and vise versa. Correct? And that RO and twisting direction only correspond roughly 80% of the time and that front and back tumbling can be in different directions? And that it doesn't matter as long as it's the preferred direction for the gymnast? Just thought I was reading something different.

Their front and back twisting isn't the same direction. Not common, but does happen. Had several girls that were very good twisters where their front and back twisting didn't correspond. In my formulative years I felt they should be the same and I fought it. Later when I realized that they were good twisters and it was working, why fix what isn't broken. Twisting doesn't just get in their heads lol, sometimes it's the coaches as well! :)

Their front and back twisting isn't the same direction. Not common, but does happen. Had several girls that were very good twisters where their front and back twisting didn't correspond. In my formulative years I felt they should be the same and I fought it. Later when I realized that they were good twisters and it was working, why fix what isn't broken. Twisting doesn't just get in their heads lol, sometimes it's the coaches as well! :)

This is what I was getting at above in responding to @Geoffrey Taucer ...

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 2.52.47 PM.png

I have always said that they need to twist in the same direction both forwards and backwards... but now I am kind of changing my mind on that one. If they did... what all would they be stopped from doing? Basically just a 1/2 in 1/2 out... right?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back