WAG Changing my bar routine...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Flipomaniak

Gymnast
My coach has decided to change my routine to an, "Easier, cleaner," routine and I'm wondering if this will affect my scores... I used to have an ok routine with a major release... Now my coach wants the following.

Level 10

Kip cast handstand
Blind
Front Giant
Pirouette
Bail Handstand
Stalder shoot or toe on shoot to high bar
Blind full
double tuck

I'm worried because this has no release and only a C dismount, even though I know it's bonus because of the blind full.

Does this routine have potential to score high? My coach says he plans on adding the major D release later on...

It'll score well at most meets, the only place you might be at a disadvantage without a same bar catch is regionals or nationals (states in some really competitive states). Early season, lots of 10s won't have one. And with the blind full and other connections, they might not take the compositional deduction unless you go to super competitive early meets. I would concentrate on doing it as cleanly and consistently as possible, it WILL outscore a routine with a missed same bar catch (technical execution being roughly equal).

Kip cast handstand - N/A
Blind - C
Front Giant - C (no flight or turn, no bonus)
Pirouette - C
Bail Handstand - D - 0.2 bonus here
Stalder shoot or toe on shoot to high bar - C - can't remember if .1 or .2 for D+C
Blind full - D - 0.1
double tuck - could be another 0.1 connection, can't remember if that'll count if it's preceded by a D

So I don't know, I'm actually at 9.9 or 10, but they change the rules all the time and it's hard for me to remember. We have some judges on this site that usually weigh in with the current rules. You have to look it up in the book. Or maybe dunno can elaborate on his reasoning.

Just to clarify, are you doing blind, front giant, front giant 1/2, bail? Or are you doing blind, front giant 1/2, bail?

Assuming it's the latter:
blind (C) + front giant 1/2 (C) + bail hand (D) + toe/stalder hecht (C)

blind to front giant 1/2: C + C with turn = +.1 CV
front giant 1/2 to bail hand: C + D = +.1 CV
bail hand to toe/stalder hecht: D + C = +.1 CV
bail hand by itself = D = +.1 DV

giant 1/1 (D) + double flyaway (C) = .1 CV + .1 DV

If I don't get credit for my bail handstand (I mess it up sometimes and don't hit handstand) would it still be a 10.0 start?

Last edited:
Weird, I posted and it didn't show... There we go! It showed.

Any point in still working on my d single rail release to put in later this season?

Gymkat to the rescue!

Always a point in working on it, if nothing else it has value in the recruiting process if you can't put it in this season.

it looks like you have an extra tenth of bonus so you should still have a 10 start if you miss the handstand. I would also definitely keep working on the big release you'll need it to be at the level of competition later in the year and at bigger meets.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back