chinese bar change...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R

rardjds

hey, i have a question about the proper name for the chinese bar change because when i google/youtube it nothing comes up.
it's when you do a straddle off on the low bar and then you catch the high bar and do a kip or something.

Are you talking about a toe shoot? It can be done like in the video or in a straddle.

[video=youtube;PP1vR_okQew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP1vR_okQew[/video]

Last edited:
There is a good drill in the below video at 1 minute and 16 seconds...

[video=youtube;cHZ8yncLYYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHZ8yncLYYY[/video]

...and some other posts...

toe shoot - Search Results - The Chalk Bucket...and other names...

toe shoot...straddle shoot...uphill...toe up...straddle up...???...I'm not sure what the official name is.

ironically, the chinese were the first to perform it. hence, "chinese sit up".

I've heard a few different names for it. Toes on catch (that's what we call it), toe shoot, toe hecht, Chinese situp, Chinese bar change, hiccup, counter up...

ironically, the chinese were the first to perform it. hence, "chinese sit up".

I know the 'Chinese sit up' became more common with the change in rules, but when did this skill originate? The Chinese may have been the first to perform it but every other nation has mastered it first :)

as marie posted above. mo huilan was the first as far as i know. and they still have not mastered it...:)

Toe hecht is the name of the skill, or at least according to my gym standards, but i am sure it varies to where you go as other names such as "free-hip" is another name for "clear hip". I had never heard of it being called a "chinese sit up" but if caught very poorly in a dead hang my coached would call the kip that followed the hecht a "chinese kip" because it required a great amount of strengh (basicly muscling up the kip) and looked forced and choppy rather than a smooth transition. Perhaps the term "chinese sit up" originated from this terminology.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back