Gymnasts Clear hip struggles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mthegymqueen

Gymnast
Hi, I am working on my clear hips on bars and they have gotten pretty consistent within the past month (I finish it at horizontal to 45 from vertical). However, the one thing I am struggling on is having my feet not touching the ground once I finish the clear hip. I usually do my kips with my legs together, but my coaches have recently told me to try it with a straddle kip, however, I still touch my feet on the mat. Are there other things I can do to work on not touching the ground that also does not kill my momentum? Thank you

I do everything out of handstands now, but I can tell you I’ve never been the best at keeping my feet up. It’s really core strength, but even with years of training sometimes it comes down to flexibility and just certain people? Anyways as you get higher in the clear hip I would just toe circle out of it then jump to HB. That’s what I do out of my pirouette. For now try to do your best at getting your feet back close to the bar as you come out of the clear hip and control your upper body momentum to try to slow down and control to keep your feet up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back