Coach Leaving

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just found out from my mom that an email from the gym owner was sent around and my coach is leaving our gym(for family reasons) My mom told me but I am not suppose to know. How am I suppose to react when the coach tells our team? I kinda liked the coach but not really she was new (ish) anyway (this summer she came).

what should my reaction be?
what should I expect from the coach/ team mates ?
Any stories from you realating to the topic?

she plans on telling us this week ( the email said)

Last edited:
Did your mom actually receive the e-mail or did she just come across it somehow? If she received it, as in it got sent to all the parents the gym really can't expect that parents would not tell their kids.

I can't tell you how to react, that is like giving me a situation and dictating what my emotions should be. It is a personal thing. It sounds like you are more like eh it happens so I suppose react with respect and wish the coach well, no biggie.

Other kids may act differently depending on what their personal experiences with this coach have been, some may be real sad and upset other will be happy he/she is moving on.

As far as personal experiences it happens quite often, unless you are a higher paid career coach you tend to do it for a while then move on to different things.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News