Parents Coaches kids

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Holy crow. I don't think I could handle this - in fact I know I couldn't. We'd have been driven from the gym. Our experience is just so polar opposite - the coaches kids are just lovely, and treated the exact same as everyone else.
In hindsight we should have left years earlier, but the next gym was an hour away in good weather. But my kids still mention some of the drama to this day and they have been out of the gym for years. They loved gymnastics enough to put up with it all, but I was not the only parent thinking it was crazy and many families did leave due to the issue. These were the HC/owners kids, so little could be done to change the situation beyond leaving.

Last gym, owner had a son with ridiculous talent, but the kid didn't do classes or team - just used the gym as an endless parkour course. Coaches learned not to admonish him for risking the safety of the gymnasts who were trying to train, as the owner didn't really tolerate anyone telling her kid what to do or not do.

Current gym has one coach's kid, really talented, and pushed like crazy. Looks like it's harder to be the coach's kid than any other kid. Doesn't seem to be much jealousy, just sympathy.

There are several parents who coach at my DD's gym (including myself). Most of the coaches kids do get a little extra gym time here and there, but for the most part stay with their own training groups.

I usually leave my girls at home with my husband or a sitter when I am coaching (if they do not have practice at the same time). The few times I've been in a pinch and had to take one of them along, it's been nice to have capable skill demonstrators for those rec. students who are visual learners.

I mostly coach during the times that my daughter has her own practice. She works out enough hours now that when she isn't in practice she has no interest in playing on the equipment - she is tired. Others with younger kids will place them in a rec class that has openings when they have to bring their child to the gym. We haven't had any complaints so far.

My coaches are the gym owners so yes there kids are around a lot one is on team and even tho she's around a lot she doesn't train if she's not at practice shell go jump on te tamp and stuff but no actual training the othe kids are really young (6months, 2 years , and a kindergartner) and that's with all my coaches

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back