coaches

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

in the gym i go to we have two coaches. their both extremely mean, they pick favorites and then ignore everyone else, and our whole team dislikes them.
they always put us down and make us feel like crap.
we've gotten yelled at because:
we waste to much time getting a drink, so she made us bring water bottles. (when we waste more time with water bottles than we do going and getting a drink) and when we drink all of our water, we go ask if we can go refill them.. and she'll yell at us, and tell us no, so we don't have any water for like and hour left of practice.
And I have "REALLY" bad shin splints,i've collapsed during practice because of them. And vaulting hurts extremely bad, and i still try to go my hardest but sometimes i cant. so when i go tell her that they hurt really bad, she just rolls her eyes and doesn't say anything. (but when one of her favorite even just falls, she'll go make sure their okay and all that crap!)
one of my close friends on the team flipped tsuks for the first time in a meet, and she has bad knees.. she landed her first one, but fell on the second one (because of her knees.) the next day in practice both of my coaches went up to her, while the rest of us where filling up our water bottles, and told her that her tsuks sucked and she was an embarrassment to the team.
they've told us we don't deserve to go to true team, sections, or state. And that their embarrassed to coach us. because we had one bad meet because the night before we had a meet and didn't get home until 1 a.m. and we still had to go to school the next day.
they've told a member on my team, that shes fat, and need to lose weight.
they've told another girl that they feel like their wasting their time on her (cause she was trying "REALLY" hard to get a skill, and just couldn't do it yet.)
They expect everyone of us to have a perfect practice, everyday.
And basically everyday we have a girl get yelled for no reason, and she always come out of the gym crying.
everyday each and everyone of us dread going to practice.

What can we do to make it stop? Why do they do this ^^?
i mean next year there's already at least 3 girls (including me) considering quitting next year..
Help. Please..!

Have you and the other girls discussed this with your/their parents - they are on your side and I would say some adult intervention might be needed. Also rather than considering quitting how about considering switching gyms? We aquired a whole optional team from one of the other gyms this year because of similar issues at their gym and they love it at our gym.

You know that this behavior is wrong and detrimental to yourself and your team. You need to discuss this with your parents and have your parents set up a meeting with the gym owners. If these are the head coaches or you have no power to make a change then consider another gym.

What keeps running through my head is, "So, why are you at this gym?" In a very long description of your gym and coaches, you didn't list ONE positive about your gym or your coaches versus several dozen negatives. If it truely is this bad, I'll say again - why are you there?

What they all said. You are being bullied, by adults who should know better.

Get your parents, and your friends parents involved. If there's two coaches doing it I would be worried about the culture of coaching at the gym and that it's seen as OK as nobody has said anything. In which case you may have a battle to change things and your only option may be to vote with your feet and change gyms.

What keeps running through my head is, "So, why are you at this gym?" In a very long description of your gym and coaches, you didn't list ONE positive about your gym or your coaches versus several dozen negatives. If it truely is this bad, I'll say again - why are you there?

My thoughts exactly. Don't try to "fix" the gym you attend just find a new one. If it's not fun what's the reason for doing gymnastics.

we had a similar problem at my old gym. We just ended up moving gyms and the new now is much better. Why stay at a gym that is not helping you?

Please talk to your parents, and if you can't--show them this thread. There are other options out there! No child or teen deserves to be treated badly. It's not right for the coaches to bully you in the way that they do. Please talk to your mom and dad.

As for shin splints, they will only go away with rest and lots of therapeutic lower leg exercises such as lots of heel and toe raises. This will strengthen them besides increasing blood flow to the tissues. This means no tumbling, running or jumping and lots of heel and toe raises. 50-450. Foot circles with theraband is another exercise.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back