Competing new skills at IMPORTANT competitions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
What's your view on competing new skills at big competitions such as States and Provincials? I recently got my BWO-BT, flyaway and FHS-FLO and we plan on putting them on my routine, even though I haven't competed them all year.

Provincials is super important since I really want to qualify to Atlantics which will be very difficult! Those skills are bonuses for my level, but the flyaway isn't 100% consistent and my FHS-FLO is sometimes pretty messy (BWO-BT dismount is down pat).

Provincials are next weekend too, so I don't have very long to practice these new skills in my routines!

Thoughts & advice?

Listen to your coach if they think your ready to do it then you probably are ready. You have to do them some time it might as well be there.

I like to look at every meet as just a meet. The only difference is it could qualify you to the next level. Does competing without those tricks give you a better chance or will adding them even if not perfect give you a better chance. Do what you and your coach feel confident about.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back