Parents competition age

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sportsmom22

Proud Parent
We got our meet schedule today and our first one is mid November. But the good news for me is that AB gets to compete as an 8 year old again. Last year, she was the youngest in her group and this year, she will be the oldest. She makes the date by one day! In our state, you compete by the age you are on the day of the state meet. AB's birthday falls at the end of March. This year the state meet is right before spring break instead of right after. She took a five month break from the gym this spring/summer. I'm so hoping she is ready to compete. When she came back, her bars still looked pretty good (she still had all her skills), beam ok, but vault needed some work. I haven't seen all of floor yet.

That's great! Hope she does well this year and gets her skills back. Just remember when you take that long a break, it can take awhile to get the skills back again, so don't push her too much.

Sounds like that is just the break she needed to get back into the swing of things :) Here's to a really good season!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back