competition bras

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Optionals United

Moderator/Gymnast
Coach
Gymnast
What bras does everyone use for competition? Does your gym make you get a certain brand? What does everyone perfer/finds that works best.

Just wondering because I am not sure what to get for comp. season!

Last edited:
What bras does everyone use for competition? Does your gym make you get a certain brand? What does everyone perfer/finds that works best.

Just wondering because I am not sure what to get for comp. season!

Well I notice that most gymnasts well...don't have much up top and a standard sports bra I think would do the trick. My DD however is well lets say more developed than the average gymnast at her age and we have to use the High Impact Sports bras. we usually go to the local "Lady Grace" store ( an underware and bra store in my area) to get the ones that have straps that won't show under the comp leo. Otherwise she has the racer back style for practice.

If your DD is in an A cup then any of the ones out at the local Dept stores should be fine.

Anita sports bra from them is one she has and seems to be one of her favorites
It's not cheap but well it holds the "girls" in place (She is now a 32 B)

at my gym, my coach orders our bras from gk, to go with our leos. they work well ( although like my own bras better) but those do the trck for comp. so nothing shows! the straps are clear and then the actual bra part is nude, so nothing shows ever! :) we also get our underwear from there and our coach also orders those as well.

Sports bras for competition

I'm looking for a good sports bra for meets. I'm about a 34 B. Any one know a good one? How about good undies?

I wish we could afford the GK ones - they look good - but my older daughter (17) is a C - D cup so needs support. For training she wears a normal sports bra racer back crop top style but in a size smaller than her normal bra to squidge her in, and for competition wears this, and also a white gym crop top 2 sizes smaller (!) which doesnt show under the leo, and she feels safe (lol)
You could say shes not a typical gymnast physique! but she is ultra strong and powerful, but developed too. She used to get down about it, but we found the correct bra solution that she was happy with eventually, and now it doesnt bother her at all. I am happy she is still in sport :)

If you have a Lady Grace Store near you they have some really good ones. My DD needs the better bra's too. As for undies well DD doesn't wear them under the leos. The only time she has is her regular undies when she got her piriod (she has only had it twice now. She gets the high cut low waist undies so they never have showen under her leos when she does wear them.

at my gym, my coach orders our bras from gk, to go with our leos. they work well ( although like my own bras better) but those do the trck for comp. so nothing shows! the straps are clear and then the actual bra part is nude, so nothing shows ever! :) we also get our underwear from there and our coach also orders those as well.

we ordered the GK sports bra but my DD who is also a 34 B this sports bra just doesn't have the support it needs for that size chest. The Gk one is just isn't meant for larger girls.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back