Conditioning Questions....(please look!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi everyone,

I have a questions about how you do your conditioning.

At my gym we don't so much of it.

What we do is:

In the warmup-
•Hang on bars and bring your legs up and pike them under/through the bar..
•the same thing but with legs open/L shaped...
•c+ and c- That's what we call it... I think in America it's different... You lie on your back for c+ and have someone sit on your knees on the edge of a mat and you hold your back up for 30 seconds and c- is the same but you hold your chest up...-hard to explain!
•lie between 2 mats and hold up so we're flat-we do this on our sides and stomachs and backs....-hard to explain!

Then at the end of each gym session:
We do 10 exercises of strength which are usually:
•10 push-ups
•10 scissors-what the my French club call them not too sure about what it's called elsewhere!- when your lie on you back and go up into a v-shape
•2nd scissors- have your back hovering and open your legs and close them sideways so they cross over when they come in- open and cross one leg on top ten open again and put that one under and the other on top
•hang on the fireman stairs... And pull your legs to the top
•climb the rope-ideally no feet but I use feet!
•pulls ups on the bar-5 wrists facing you and 5 wrists facing away from you.
•tuck jumps-jump into tuck jumps 10 times having your knees fully on your chest every time.
•stand at the ballet bar and go on your toes 30 times then do 30 on each foot
•handstand against the wall-with push-ups
•c+ or c- with someone sat on your knees again...

Sorry if not everything is clear... If its not just ask and I will try re-explain it!

I live in a French speaking country and have trouble translating some stuff...

So I just wanted to ask

What's your conditioning?

And how often do you do it?

Thanks!

We change our conditioning load year round....
Then in each season, we do different amounts of conditioning. In spring until the end of May, we pile on the conditioning since the season's over, so it's not a huge problem to be sore and so were ready (and strong enough) to work new skills.
Then in summer, we condition a little less than in Spring, but more emphasis on new skills.
Then in fall, it's a little less than in summer, and we work on putting full routines together as well as perfect skills. We also have more flexibility conditioning in fall.
Then in winter, we have conditioning, but not enough to make us really sore, because were running a lot of routines and stuff.
Then during each event, we have little things to do. For example, on beam we do kicks, high toe holds, ect. And on bars, we warm up with pull ups, hanging crunches, cast handstands, ect.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back