Parents Confession time...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

notthatmom

Proud Parent
This morning, on my way to work (which is where I always do my "best" thinking) My mind actually decided that getting a Sugar Daddy to help fund gymnastics doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

Scientific fact: becoming a gym mom makes you crazy.

What kind of seriously irrational thoughts have entered your mind thanks to your kids being in gymnastics?

What kind of seriously irrational thoughts have entered your mind thanks to your kids being in gymnastics?

How about: "My out-of-town meeting ends at noon. The gymnastics meet starts at 5:00 and is a 2-hour drive from home and 2 1/2 hours from our local airport. If I drive for 2 hours so I can fly of a different airport that is closer to the meet and leave my car there, I can have another mom take my kid to the meet, fly back right after the meeting, and get to the meet in time to see the last rotation and drive my kid home if there are no flight delays." [I did not actually do this.]

Also: "I have been summoned to a meeting a 2-hour drive from home the morning of the meet. The meet starts at 4:30 and is a 2-hour drive from home. I will tell the client we need to be done with the meeting by 10:30, drive home, pick up my gymmie from school, and turn around and drive to the meet." [I am actually going to do this.]

And also: "I will spend a minimum of 3.5 hours a day in the car all summer so I can get my kid to morning practice, drop her off at day camp, and then go to the office for half the day." [I actually did this for two summers.]

And finally: "When she retires from gymnastics and graduates from college, we will suddenly be RICH!" [Okay, maybe that one is not irrational.]

Bahahaha.....who needs a new car vaca etc....or my favorite when hubby flipped when he realized how much gym was costing us in addition to an hour round trip commute 4 days a week....well I will just work more.....

This morning, on my way to work (which is where I always do my "best" thinking) My mind actually decided that getting a Sugar Daddy to help fund gymnastics doesn't sound like such a bad idea.

Scientific fact: becoming a gym mom makes you crazy.

LOL! That's awesome....

A few years back my then 8 yo dd got a dollar from her coach for doing something good during conditioning. The thought actually crossed my mind that NCAA rules were violated because she got paid to do gymnastics. Now that's crazy. Who actually thinks about college for an 8 yo? A gym mom, that's who!

I told my husband that if DD quits gymnastics, we are putting all of that money into saving for a trip to Europe for the family. It wouldn't take us long to save enough. (Shhh, don't tell DD. I don't want her being swayed one way or the other--this has to be HER decision when she makes it...)

If the girls had competed last year, I was willing to get on an airplane for Y Nationals in California, paying for 3 tix... And hire a driver to drive us around while there... And paying for the hotel. Irrational because I had no money for that and I don't ever want to fly in a plane.

If DD makes it to state I'm seriously thinking of letting her have a sleepover at a hotel (with an indoor pool) with one of her other gym friends...DD and this other girl on her team have come so far and they are both SO close to making it. I'm not one to reward my kids for things like that but seriously if she makes it I'll be so dang proud of her (and her teammate)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back