Corporate Sponsorships?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD's gym is brand new; it opened last November. Our Booster Club is trying to decide the best ways to raise money. One parent suggested corporate sponsorships, such as hanging a banner in the gym for a specified donation amount. My question is - has anyone's gym done this and do you think it is a good way to raise money for the team?

If your gym has corporate sponsorships:

1. How much do you charge for a sponsorship?
2. What benefits does the business recieve by buying the sponsorship?
3. Do you offer any incentives for parents to sell sponsorships, such as a percentage of the sale goes into their gymnast's account for meets, competition leos, etc..
4. How long do banners stay up in the gym?

Any other help/suggestions you can give regarding this would be so appreciated. Thank you!!

A friend of ours was at a gym that did this and they charged $250 for the banner for a one year period during which time the banner hung in the gym advertising the business. At the end of the year, the business could renew its banner for $200 (and if they did not, it was taken down after the year but most times , they were renewed)

Her gym gave the parents 75% of the profit for selling the banner (because after the banner is made the rest is pure profit)and it went into her daughter's assessment account so it was a pretty decent incentive. The benefit to the business is the advertisement stays up inthe gym all year. I believe their banners were about 2' by 4' so they were a decent size.

Last edited:
Our booster clubs sells banners and it is a major fundraiser. We display the banners at our meet(s), hand them in the gym for 1 year, and include an ad for the company in the meet program. Prices vary from $50 to $500 depending on size. Its a great fundraiser. However, again the money must be shared equally among all team members if your booster club is 501 3c. Also, putting the money directly into 1 girl's account might be in violation of NCAA rules and might affect her amateur status if she were to want to do college gym at some time. Just a word of warning, but be careful.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back