Parents Could use the "not going over on cast to handstand" and "squat on" fairies!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
Please send the fairies to NYC tomorrow around noon. DD sure could use them. She had a tough practice on bars tonight. Kept going over on her cast to handstand on the high bar and missing her squat on. I tried to lighten the mood and told her at least she got all the bad ones out tonight and remember when you couldn't even make it to handstand on your casts. She didn't think I was too funny. Anyway, L8 is making me crazy! If you can spare the fairies/prayers etc. Please send them!! FAST!

That darn squat on can be such a mental thing.
I don't have any L8 fairies, but we do have lots of them hovering around our gym, so I am shooing them your way. Sometimes a bad practice just makes the meet even better...hope this is the case for her!

Oh lordy... still struggling with the squat-on at level 8? My DD is level 5 and after all of the stress over kips and table vaults and such, the thing that stresses me out the most is her squat on. Well, that and the cartwheel on beam, but she can still have a reasonably decent beam routine if she doesn't land her cartwheel, but it's hard to have a good bar routine without that squat-on. To think that she may still be struggling with it for years to come is going keep me awake tonight for sure. Kathy was missing hers at practice tonight too, and tomorrow is sectionals, so we will have to keep all of our squat-on fairies I'm afraid, but I'll be thinking about your daughter tomorrow and wishing her lots of luck!

Sending you all the fairies for your DD at noon today, but please, please send them back, plus all you can spare, for my DGD tomorrow at 8 AM....She is also L8 and this has been her hardest year as well....Hopefully L8 is the stumbling block that, once over, things will be easier...........yeah right! Good Luck with the meet today.

It worked! We are back from the Big Apple. It went well. The bar fairies did their magic and she completed the bar routine and it looked pretty good. However, I should have asked for the full turn on beam fairy!lol She got her connection on beam. Everything else looked great 8.7 with a fall is not too shabby! Floor was great. 9.175 She hurt her foot this week in practice, so no tsuk today. 8.4 on the front handspring. (starts from 9.0) She got two medals (BB and FX)
Overall, great day! Thanks for the good luck wishes.

It worked! We are back from the Big Apple. It went well. The bar fairies did their magic and she completed the bar routine and it looked pretty good. However, I should have asked for the full turn on beam fairy!lol She got her connection on beam. Everything else looked great 8.7 with a fall is not too shabby! Floor was great. 9.175 She hurt her foot this week in practice, so no tsuk today. 8.4 on the front handspring. (starts from 9.0) She got two medals (BB and FX)
Overall, great day! Thanks for the good luck wishes.
Oh, good! Glad she had such a good day! It must have been a good day for squat-ons... Kathy made hers too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back