Coaches Creating effective practices.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ha:) not the gym I was mentioning! Are you saying Parkettes? I'd love to shadow them too, but they're quite a bit further away!

i thought you were in Jersey. where you at and who's number do you want? shadowing is one of the best ways to fine tune your mind. :)

i thought you were in Jersey. where you at and who's number do you want? shadowing is one of the best ways to fine tune your mind. :)

The original poster is in Jersey. I just glommed onto this thread because I want to shadow, too! Hey, how about your gym, dunno? Can I come watch?

All right, so this goes out to the veterans of the site (iwannacoach, dunno, etc...). Do you know any great coaches or club owners in New Jersey, or some really great gyms that you can recommend? I'm genuinely interested in shadowing or watching somewhere in the area. Also, are there any programs like Tony's geared more towards younger kids in lower levels or compulsories? I may have a kid or two I'd want to bring along too if I can convince the parents and not hurt the feelings of the others.

I'm on the wrong coast, so keep asking and looking. Try starting with mymeetscores.com and look up completed meets...http://www.mymeetscores.com/gym.pl?list=2 ..... Look through the results of completed meets such as the L3 state meet I just linked for you. Every category within the results are tweakable to put teams and gymnasts in alphabetical order, results of every kid on a single team, all competitors within a chosen class, and just about any thing you can think of.

Look through those results for programs that may be near enough for you to consider. If they have reasonable scores, they likely have a reasonable program.

The clubs in NJ that came to mind are MG Elite/Monmouth, Rebound, Will Moor and North Stars. The 2013 9-10 states results confirm that they have good gymnasts. It is interesting that none of these clubs feature well/at all in the latest level three state results :D

The clubs in NJ that came to mind are MG Elite/Monmouth, Rebound, Will Moor and North Stars. The 2013 9-10 states results confirm that they have good gymnasts. It is interesting that none of these clubs feature well/at all in the latest level three state results :D

All great Compulsory through Optional gyms, I would probably add ENA to the list as well.

Also, are there any programs like Tony's geared more towards younger kids in lower levels or compulsories? I may have a kid or two I'd want to bring along too if I can convince the parents and not hurt the feelings of the others.

YMCA Camp in Huguenot, NY may be worth looking in to. It probably isn't far from you and they allow visiting coaches to go an interact with the staff. It just had a change of directors so I'm not sure what the staffing will look like this year. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions about it.

All right, so this goes out to the veterans of the site (iwannacoach, dunno, etc...). Do you know any great coaches or club owners in New Jersey, or some really great gyms that you can recommend? I'm genuinely interested in shadowing or watching somewhere in the area. Also, are there any programs like Tony's geared more towards younger kids in lower levels or compulsories? I may have a kid or two I'd want to bring along too if I can convince the parents and not hurt the feelings of the others.

MG Elite where Laurie Hernandez trains, Tony Gehman and Amy at Northstars and ENA with Craig and John. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back