Cut on hand

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughters compete on Sunday.

Tonight my little one was skipping in the house. She slipped and hit her hand on the bookshelf that has a metal base. She cut her hand. Not stitches requiring cut, but deep enough it bled and pulled a little skin off-ouch. I put some meds on it and a band aid.
She is my powerhouse on bars. Very strong. This is her best event. The cut is on her palm near her thumb. Do you think it will bother her Sunday? Do I cover it with a bandaid on Sunday. I don't want chalk in it=ouch. Nor do I want it to get infected from germs after all the kiddos on bars? Will a band aid hold we have the neat tattoo ones? They seem to hold better.

Thanks

sounds like shes a tough kid :) you can try what the older girls ( as in levels) do when they get rips an bandaids wont stick; put a bandaid on, with some germ disinfectant, then wrap eletric tap ( cut it if its too lengthy.) around the hand, enough so they can move it but so it doesnt bother them too much to the point where it'd hurt they're routine ( im on preteam, i do not know if this is acceptable in comp. might have to ask mistah coach!)..unless you can get a baindaid to stick for the whole bar routine or even half, i suppose she'd be alright. :) if its a little deep cut, i dont think it'd be too distracting a big lenghty cut on the other hand might be a bit distracting/bothering. rips hurt to compete on, specially for a little one, just think about how going bare handed with a huge gash might feel. just from my experience, anywas.

Would Bag Balm work?

Its what they use for rips? Would neosporin and then bag balm work? I think you put it on at night and then a sock and then sleep with it on. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back