Danell, his towel and his coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flips123

Gymnast
Following the trend of nice coaches, how about Danell Leyva and his step dads relationship? I personally find it adorable... The little pre routine ritual gets me every time!

Following the trend of nice coaches, how about Danell Leyva and his step dads relationship? I personally find it adorable... The little pre routine ritual gets me every time!

Apparently dad was warned to tone it down by the organisers as it is such a distraction. At first I found it amusing,now I find it a little irritating. He even does it for routines that were not hit.

This may be a very unpopular opinion, but I really don't like Danell Leyva or his step dad. Danell just seems like he prefers to be a one-man show and I think he strongly contributed to the lack of chemistry in our men's team.

I don't like the towel either. Gymnasts spend so many years compting individually and I don't think Danell has transitioned into team. Shutting everyone else out by hiding may help his scores but it does not seem supportive for the team.

I sure don't like his towel. I just want to give it a good wash.

When the commentators said he takes it everywhere, all I could think is he's a bit old for a blanky. Is that awful? :confused:

This may be a very unpopular opinion, but I really don't like Danell Leyva or his step dad. Danell just seems like he prefers to be a one-man show and I think he strongly contributed to the lack of chemistry in our men's team.

you're dead wrong...

I don't like the towel either. Gymnasts spend so many years compting individually and I don't think Danell has transitioned into team. Shutting everyone else out by hiding may help his scores but it does not seem supportive for the team.

and you're dead wrong also. and Jenny and Howie are great people/coaches. and they work their butts off. they're like ants. by the way, Howie coached Chow back in China many suns ago...:)

Great! I am glad to be dead wrong. I hope he is the sweetist most supportive guy ever. I still don't like seeing him hide under the towel at every competition.

I'm also glad to be dead wrong. Now if you would care to elaborate on how we are wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

every guy on our team is a "team" player. that they have some weird superstitions and idiosyncrasies doesn't mean that they are not. that's all.:)

Somewhere I read an interview given by Danell and he was hilarious. Sounded to me like he had a great sense of humor and came off in the interview as very much a team player. It may have been gymnastike but I'm not sure....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back