Parents Daughter out for the season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi All,

I just wanted to sadly report that after suffering a foot fracture a week before the level 7 season started, the HC decided that my daughter will not be allowed to compete at all. Even though she was healed a couple of weeks before the last qualifying meet before State, the HC said she wasn't ready, and so she is out. This is the second year in a row that my DD has not competed. I'm pretty bummed.

Oh my! Was she injured last year as well? I really hope that things begin to turn right side up for you again. It could be a very good thing that she use this time to rest and recoup however.

I am so sorry to hear this. Has the last qualifying meet already happened? If not, then I think just for the heck of it, she should be allowed to compete, I mean, unless she wouldn't even be able to get a qualifying score, in which case, it probably wouldn't matter. My one DGD, who was a L5 last year, broke her foot right after the 3rd. meet (we do compulsories in the fall and optionals in the winter)...anyway, she got back to full gym about a week and one/half prior to state and she was allowed to go to state. She knew she would not do well but wanted to do it anyway and they allowed it. She had already qualified pre-break. And she was just happy being allowed to do her gymnastics. I think you have every right to be bummed.

I am so sorry for her. :( That really stinks. Must be so hard for her to have that happen 2 years in a row. I hope she can stay injury free and be ready for next season. Though I do think that HC should let her compete events she is ready for, just for her to get out there and show her stuff. Hard to train for so long and not get to go out there and do their routines. :( Hugs to you both.

I am so sorry! :-( That has to be so frustrating! How is she handling it? Hope she's doing OK.

I know how you feel. My dd was a level 4 and 5 in fourth grade, had an ankle injury that kept her out all year in fifth grade, had back issues the summer after fifth grade, has been doing level 6 this year in sixth grade. She's had 4 meets, now has a sprained ACL. she's out for at least 6 weeks, but we are hoping she'll be better for states, and then be healthy in the summer to get ready for level 7.

I worry that her body is just not strong enough to do the sport she loves.

sorry to hear that. sometimes the time is just not right. plenty more time to come.:)

I had been wondering if she got to compete. That's got to be a bummer for her.
Hoping she remains injury free for a good long time so that she can blast through L7 and move on next season.

I'm sure that this is frustrating and disappointing but often these times of struggle are followed by great growth. Injury free wishes for your daughter.

Very sorry to hear your dd did not get to compete at all this year. I know you were hoping to get her back for at least 1 meet. Best wishes on a healthy spring/summer to get those skills back and work on some new ones.

I am really sorry to hear about this. How frustrating! I hope she doesn't get discouraged and continues to look forward to a strong healthy season next year.

:( so sorry to hear this. I hope she can remain positive and use her love of the sport to carry her onward. Here's to an injury free year for her...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back