Parents DD has started learning to front twist

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
and she says it is a LOT harder than back twisting. She said that she is twisting one way and then twisting out the other way. I can't imagine that this is what she is really doing but I have faith that she will work it out at some point. She's a fast little backward twister so hopefully she'll figure everything out and get her front twisting down.

I have the same problem! When I twist front I go to twist one way then twist the other! I have learnt that when going forwards I turn the other way to backwards! So weird

Not uncommon. Especially if she is starting to twist the opposite way of her back twist at first. When you're coming out to land for example a forward 1.5 twist it's the same at the end as a double full. Or a front full is kind of like a back 1/2 or 1.5. So if you're starting the opposite way as the back twist, halfway through you'd want to revert. It happens. Usually can be fixed by doing a pike open 1/2 making sure to go the correct direction, then pike open full.

My DD is just the opposite! She loves front twisting but is uneasy at back twisting! Lol She says she feels more lost coming out of a BHS, rather then a punch front!

Like Gymdog said, totally common. Most kids learn to front twist on their own, just messing around on a tramp or running into the pit during open gym etc.... What they are doing is a round off in the air, which is why they are twisting in the opposite direction. Now worries, just fix it, everyone else does. :)

Mine is the same way. She can do a back double full no problem, but has yet to land a front full on the floor.

Not uncommon. Especially if she is starting to twist the opposite way of her back twist at first. When you're coming out to land for example a forward 1.5 twist it's the same at the end as a double full. Or a front full is kind of like a back 1/2 or 1.5. So if you're starting the opposite way as the back twist, halfway through you'd want to revert. It happens. Usually can be fixed by doing a pike open 1/2 making sure to go the correct direction, then pike open full.

She has a pretty solid 1.5 but not being a gymnast, I admit that I can't picture how a back 1.5 is similar to a front full and don't know what a pike open is. LOL

I'm sure her coach will get her all worked out by the time she'll need any front twisting. Really my only true concern is that it will mess up her lovely back twisting. It's just so pretty to watch her twirl around in the air and it would make me a little sad if she lost that.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back