DD's very first meet report! (L3)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, my DD just competed in her very first meet this weekend! It was so much fun! She competed Level 3; this is technically their "off-season", but her gym hosts a large invitational every spring. As DD's been with the "old" 3's, we decided to let her compete with her teammates in her first meet. They all competed L3 in the fall, and are training L4 for next fall.

DD was very, very nervous, but also very excited. She would not eat or drink for a good 6 hours before the meet! Argh! She was a wee bit nauseous.

Scores (in order competed):

Floor: 8.5
DD was lucky to be (not really!) the very first gymnast up on her very first event at her very first meet. She did pretty well, but boy did she rush it! After a signal from her coach, DD ended up stopping twice during the routine to let the music catch up. She bent her arms a bit on her pike roll (per coach, I didn't notice), but that, and rushing, were coach's only comments to DD.

Vault: 9.1
I don't really have anything to say on this, except I was just one proud mama! :) They go so darn fast I can never tell "how well" they did, really. Apparently, she tweaked her ankle a bit on her second attempt, but I surely couldn't tell. She complained of some pain after the meet, but there was no redness or swelling, and she's fine on it now.

Bars: 8.375
This is DD's favorite event, but she's still struggling on her mil-circle. At our old gym, they had been just starting them, and in her new group, they already had them (previous gym did not compete L3), so they didn't work on them a ton. DD made it around, but really muscled her way up with a bent knee. Coach thinks DD was charged with a fall.

Beam: 8.5
First off, I have to say that I was so proud here! To be honest, DD was a bit of a train wreck on beam when we left our old gym at the end of fall. She had nearly zero confidence and was terrified of it. At the competition, she did fall on her handstand, after nearly saving it. But, she immediately hopped back up and finished without a wobble. Her handstand is still hit or miss, and she only made one in warm-ups, so it was not surprising she fell. Still, I'll say again that I was very proud of her.

All-Around: 34.425

The girls all just get colored ribbons, and a participation medal, which she is still wearing today. ;) I am glad we did it and equally glad it is over - DD is one anxious little thing, and I am beyond thrilled that she handled it all as well as she did! Now, we can't wait for fall!

Thanks for reading!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back