WAG Diamond Bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Sydflips

Coach
Gymnast
Reaction score
Hi there!
Would a routine that goes kip, cast hs, clear hip, kip, cast, clear hip, kip, squat on, long hang kip, cast away, fly away be an ok routine for Xcel diamond? Or is that too many kips on low bar? I know the third kip won't count as a skill since there is already two other kips on low bar, but I didn't know if that effects the SV :)

Its a 10.0 SV, but having a lot of kips can get tiring and be prone to more (unnecessary) deductions

Similar but can you do kip cast clearhip kip squat on kip cast clearhip flyaway?
I've thought about that one before, the only issue is I had a bad crash doing it once and now that I'm competing as an adult getting it back seems terrifying lol. But I do like that composition more!

I've thought about that one before, the only issue is I had a bad crash doing it once and now that I'm competing as an adult getting it back seems terrifying lol. But I do like that composition more!
Oh sorry this was confusing but I meant does this routine have a 10.0 SV?

You could try reducing _the number of kips on the low bar to avoid extra fatigue and deductions. Con sider this routine: kip, cast, clear hip, kip, squat on kip, cast, clear hip flyaway. It still starts from a 10.0 and meets all requirements;)!

Hi there!
Would a routine that goes kip, cast hs, clear hip, kip, cast, clear hip, kip, squat on, long hang kip, cast away, fly away be an ok routine for Xcel diamond? Or is that too many kips on low bar? I know the third kip won't count as a skill since there is already two other kips on low bar, but I didn't know if that effects the SV :)
Hi, I competed Diamond last year.

I found a lot of success doing the routine that others are recommending. (Clear-hip to Flyaway on high bar) If you aren't willing to do that, maybe you could try going clear hip-clear hip? I saw a decent amount of Diamonds doing the routine like that last year.

Here is how this would look:
Low Bar: Kip -> Cast Handstand -> Clear Hip -> Drop to 2nd Clear Hip -> Kip -> Squat-on
High Bar: Kip -> Cast to 45° OR Handstand -> Flyaway.

Of course, the routine including to high bar clear hip is the most ideal if you do not have giants, but the second routine may work well for you if you work on it. It will also eliminate the chances of getting repeated deductions due to your kips.

You could try reducing _the number of kips on the low bar to avoid extra fatigue and deductions. Con sider this routine: kip, cast, clear hip, kip, squat on kip, cast, clear hip flyaway. It still starts from a 10.0 and meets all requirements;)!
Thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back