Parents Do you know all the kids in your child's training group?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, we just changed gyms and she just got her new training group the first week of June, so sadly, I only know one of them (out of around 10).

We have nearly 140 kids on team, so I probably don't know half of them. I know all the kids in DDs training group very well. The best way to learn names is during meet season. Seeing each child compete in 4 events, awards, and across 5 - 8 meets is a great way to learn their names. It's also a great place to meet the parents.

I know all the girls in my dd's training group. Last season (her first) there were 12 of them and it took a couple of months for me to learn all their names and their parents names. This season there are only 9, 8 of which were on the team last year so I feel I know them all pretty well by now. However, I only know a few outside of her group and the team as a whole totals close to a 100 I think.

Nope and it annoys me. Though do know all the girls in the group above which was her group last year.
And sadly feel I don't know most of the kids in the lower levels.

We have nearly 140 kids on team, so I probably don't know half of them. I know all the kids in DDs training group very well. The best way to learn names is during meet season. Seeing each child compete in 4 events, awards, and across 5 - 8 meets is a great way to learn their names. It's also a great place to meet the parents.

We have about 140 team members total and about 20 girls on dd's level...I know those who were with her last year but quite honestly, the composition of the team changes every season (new girls skip up or join the gym, some girls quit, etc.) so it's hard to keep track! I agree that competitions are usually the best way to get to know who is who. Then you get to do it all over again next season!

Mine have been on team for a while, so I know the girls/boys in their training groups and those competing at their levels (not perfect correlation). DD has two girls in her group and level with whom she's been training for seven years. Training groups are usually around eight athletes. Levels are whatever they are. Last year we had twelve L8 girls (DD's level) and eleven L6 boys (DS's level).

I know all the girls that were on team last year. I know the names of several of the new L3 girls... One even gives me hugs on occasion (but I had no clue what her name was until a couple weeks ago). She has been asking me questions since she moved up to team about deductions and "what if" scenarios and I am always willing to answer.
Most of my time is spent focusing on Optional gymnasts and a little on the girls who want to compete L5. I might watch what the L3s are doing maybe 5 minutes at most. I will learn all of their names though... and ages... and birthdates... and the corresponding parent names. That is my next goal!

Yes, I know all the girls in DDs group (there's only 6), all the girls in all levels above, all girls in one level below and most girls in the level below that. I know lots and lots of kids in the gym on the rec side too, since I have worked at the gym for several years. ;)

All the girls on DDs team have been together for quite some time, most of them started in developmental team together about 3yrs ago and moved up to team as a group. Some have quit along the way and I'm sure eventually others will. They're rising L7's this year. :)

In the next few years I will know ALL girls on all teams as I am coaching the developmental team and several of the higher level rec classes! :D Half the new L3 team will be "mine" already!

Reactions: sce
We have about 60 kids on team. We just did move ups so there are probably 5 Istill don't know. But I know all of last year's team and especially all of the optionals.

There are 5 in her training group, and yes I know those. I don't know all of the optional girls let alone the entire team. I don't even think DD knows all the optional girls. They overlap time wise frequently, but they're on different rotations and the practices don't involve a lot of standing around with time for chit chat.

I know the names of all 30+ girls on team at my daughter's gym...but I just did the end of the year video for the banquet! ;-) I do know the 10 girls in her level very well, most have been with her for the past 3 years though.

DD is in a group of 9. I know all of them and their parents. I think the gym has around 110 girls competing.

yes. I know pretty much all of the boys' on team, and the girls' optional team. Don't know the compulary team or xcel team as well, but know their faces.

All of the optionals train together so I know all of them and most of their parents. I don't know the new little ones coming up though. There are 50 girls all together.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back