WAG Do your daughter's summer training hours increase?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We are in the Uk so its Very different here. Firstly summer holidays are only 6 weeks long. Gym hours don't change at all
Our gym in the uk is different to yours because although they are only 6 weeks long they do increase we a also increase them during half terms Easter/Christmas etc... we also sometimes hold camps where they would do the camp during the day then normal times in the evening

Our gym in the uk is different to yours because although they are only 6 weeks long they do increase we a also increase them during half terms Easter/Christmas etc... we also sometimes hold camps where they would do the camp during the day then normal times in the evening

Yep, I would think it depends on the level they are at, we don't have any high level girls.

AZgymmiemom, now I totally get it. Having spent a summer in Arizona working, living, and driving in non-air conditioned places, I totally get it. AZ is bloody hot. You don't even know you are sweating because the sweat just evaporates. You just feel your dry skin getting saltier and saltier. So I can understand the 6:30 thing given that.

DD goes from 12-19. But that includes adding 4 hours of TOPS training. It will be good warm up for if she moves up next year and practices 16.

AZgymmiemom, now I totally get it. Having spent a summer in Arizona working, living, and driving in non-air conditioned places, I totally get it. AZ is bloody hot. You don't even know you are sweating because the sweat just evaporates. You just feel your dry skin getting saltier and saltier. So I can understand the 6:30 thing given that.

We have swamp coolers. They don't work well when the temp gets over about 95. Our HC usually rents portable commercial grade air conditioning units. Those DO help a lot, but it's not the same as central AC. However, I shudder to think what our tuition would be if we actually HAD central air... ick! Summer here is brutal, but it's only 2 or 3 months. Then the rest of the year is gorgeous :D

We have swamp coolers. They don't work well when the temp gets over about 95. Our HC usually rents portable commercial grade air conditioning units. Those DO help a lot, but it's not the same as central AC.

Hmmmmm. Our gyms are mostly (ours is definitely) cooled with Central AC..... In Canada. But not Arizona????? Seems so odd.

It's sooooo HOT here too & we have central AC, but it's overworked in the summer and frequently goes out. While the temp outside may only say 97-98 degrees, you simply cannot breathe due to the humidity here in East Texas!

Hmmmmm. Our gyms are mostly (ours is definitely) cooled with Central AC..... In Canada. But not Arizona????? Seems so odd.
Our lobby has ac. The gym is like a warehouse. In fact, most gyms our here are not air conditioned. Only one that I can think of of the top of my head, and it's a smaller gym. Tuition there is crazy expensive. With the fans and portable acs it's not bad..especially for an hour rec class. That's ones reason the team kids go to mornings. Much, much cooler at that time of day. the desert cools off a lot at night.

Our tuition goes up in the summer...I've never been told why, but I've always guessed it's because of the AC (the hours don't increase).

7.5 hours during school and Summer (except July when there is only rec gymnastics camp for 2 weeks - team girls can come in those hours and work out or help with campers... 10 hours a week). The other 2 weeks of July are off. Practice time stays in the evening. Not sure if the "new" gym we are in has AC or not... or if it will when the renovations are done. We only moved into it in November.
This is for all girls L3-8 and Xcel.

If we were staying in the US my youngest dds hours would go from 12 to 16.5( she would be 7:00 am morning to 11.30 , 4 days a week) and my oldest dd would be going from 14 to 20 ( would also be 7:00 am practices until 11, but 5 days a week) but since we're moving our new gym get out for a summer holiday the 2nd week in June and goes back the last week of July, they train all if august twice a week 3 hours each time, I'm not really sure why ,but it's probably to ease back into the training

My DDs are, but not everyone at our gym has their hours go up. It depends on the kids needs and if they are ready to level up.

We go from 18 hours in the school year to about 26 during the summer (for optionals). We also will be beginning at 8:30 in the summer.

Level 4-5, 16 during school year and 20 in the summer but we go 8:30-12:30 and NO weekends! We can go to the pool this year!

8-10s are 25 hours during school (6 days)

Summer 25 hours but 5 days. During the summer, they go a little earlier (but still nights) and spend more time doing things like running, a swim day (only an hour) and a weekly fun bonding activity!

16 hours during school yr and will be going to 20 for summer. Our summer schedule stinks this year. For some unknown reason we have gone to evening practices and before our coaches wanted out of there by 2.

@Iwannabemargo my new club completely stops in the summer holidays, despite the fact that they run adult only sessions (not that I actually attend those....) it's not like real grown ups (and I don't include uni students like myself in that category ;) ) actually get the summer off! Knowing this is driving me crazy...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back