Does anyone think that Gk cut their crotch too narrow?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Does anyone think that Gk cut their crotch too narrow? I was surprised how narrow the crotch were after seeing DD and her teammates doing stretch on the floor. I thought I was going to have a heart attack:eek:.
I compared DD's GK leotard and other brands after got home. GK are narrower than Destira, Snowflake and Plum. I don't think I will buy her leotard from GK anymore.

We have never had a problem with gk. I wonder if they have recently changed the cut. Are the leos too loose in the leg?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I feel your pain! My HS team had a GK leo for two years that was cut perfectly for older girls. This year we got new GK leos and they are awful. The cut on the leg is way too high to be comfortable for older girls. The crotch is narrow and slips around :boggled:. I ordered a medium but ended up wearing an XL!! Even that was extremely skin tight, small on the crotch, and too high cut on the legs.

However, my club leo is GK and the fit is beautiful on everybody. I'm pretty sure GK leos are cut differently depending on what design they are, so the fit is hit or miss.

If you're worried about a too small crotch piece, definitely don't get alphafactor. I have 3 leos from there that I can absolutely not wear without shorts for fear of being too exposed!

Funny that I should come across this post.... my DD's have been wearing GK for 9 years, NEVER had a problem with them. This weekend, I bought my very first Plum leo at a meet. The guy told us it was cut small, and DD should try it on to make sure. She tried on her usual size - CL, and said it was fine. Her teammate who wears the same size could not get hers on. Today, we get to the gym and within minutes, DD is asking me to go home and get her a pair of shorts because the leo was "too small". Sure enough, the crotch are is very narrow and it is riding up in the back like I've never seen on a GK. Well, too bad so sad for DD that I was NOT going to drive home and back (40-50 min roundtrip during rush hour) to bring her a pair of shorts. Thank goodness it was not pricey, because I'm sure this leo will never see the light of day again....forever banished to the abandoned leo drawer!

GK leos were my favorite during my gymnastics days and I never had a problem with them. Though companies do periodically change their cut/design. Alpha Factor was mentioned up-thread as being tiny, but when I was competing they were known to have a bit of a "granny" cut. The HS team I coach as Alpha Factor comp. leos from a few years ago that we haven't had problems with. So it appears they've changed their cut several times in the last 10-ish years, so it's very possible GK has done the same. It also depends a lot on the fabric and style of that particular leotard.
I had a comp. leo at one point from a company in the UK (The Zone) that had the most awful fit, they were borderline obscene and I was one that favored leotards with a sleeker fit.

I find all my gk's to be a perfect fit in the leg/crotch, and alpha factor to be very revealing, loose, and a high cut. Never experienced a narrow crotch though in either. Maybe it's a new cut they're using like others have mentioned, or a different fabric. Velvet fits different than spandex or foil or whatever the normal material is.

I've never had a problem with GK leos before (Although they've never been my favorite.)
But my team just got our competition leotard from them and man oh man. We only have to compete in 2 meets a year and the rest are optional and I almost didn't compete in any more because of the leotard!!!
It is WAYYY high cut (and I'm 18...so leos riding up and being cut to narrow is not cool for me) It is also very very narrow!!
I hate it!! It will probably not be worn again after competition season.

I never had a problem with GK, even a few years ago when I got one for a silly thing we were doing. Alpha Factor either.

When we got MotionWear team leos, THOSE were terrible. Oh.my.gosh.

Interesting to see this! DD has two GK leos, both we got second hand. One fits beautifully, the other fits well apart from that the crotch is cut very narrow. All her other leos are wider there, including Alpha Factor and Snowflake.

Another thing I heard recently from another gym mum - some of them had ordered some new GK leos recently and the sizings were completely different from before, so the leos people had ordered did not fit!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back