WAG Does your gym give a second child discount?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No discount, per se... but since it is a YMCA program and they have to be members of the YMCA, getting a FAMILY membership is less expensive than 2 individual youth memberships... and the whole family can take advantage of it, so it is like a discount. Our team training fees are only $70 a month as it is.

10% for class/practice tuition and camps. No discount on team fees as these are supposed to pay meet fees and there wouldn't be a corresponding discount on that end.

25 dollars per session, per child after one.

Based on what I pay, that would be about 2% per child.

10% for team and that seems to be the norm in our area.

When my son started on team we were at a gym that if you had a kid on team there was some deal that it was $60 per month for any rec kids in the family, no matter how many classes they took! My girls were both in rec at the time. They ended up doing 3 classes per week each since it was such a deal

10%, I think. YDD only took rec for a short while there. Not sure if it applies for two on team; we don't have any team siblings.

10% for rec, 8% for team-seems kind of strange now that I did the math actually. I think they must have been going for nice round numbers when deciding the discounts.

Only on the nominal annual registration fee, $15 off. Not sure about team tuition, but if there's no discount for classes then I doubt there would be for team.

That said, the one time I mentioned to the owner that we night skip a session for financial reasons he said I should apply for a scholarship. I didn't end up needing it, but it's nice to know that it's a possibility.

Seriously?!? Wow!
If you add in a Youth Membership to the Y (assuming the ONLY reason you are there is because of Gymnastics team), it is $23 a month (so we could TECHNICALLY call it $93 a month if that sounds better, lol). Levels 3-8 and Xcel Gold and Platinum currently.
And our regular meet fees are only $15 each. Districts are $35... and Nationals, for those that qualify and choose to go, is $100 ($110 for L8).

If you add in a Youth Membership to the Y (assuming the ONLY reason you are there is because of Gymnastics team), it is $23 a month (so we could TECHNICALLY call it $93 a month if that sounds better, lol). Levels 3-8 and Xcel Gold and Platinum currently.
And our regular meet fees are only $15 each. Districts are $35... and Nationals, for those that qualify and choose to go, is $100 ($110 for L8).
That is still, wow.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back