Double Tuck Dismount of Bars issues..help?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a level 9, 10 hopeful. In order to go to level 10, i need a double tuck dismount. A few years ago, I attempted them, but i was only 9 or ten and i ended up not making it completely around, and kneeing myself in the nose, breaking it, also causing a lot of fear. I have been able to avoid doing them since then, but now i need to go to level 10, so its very important that i learn it. Any suggestions on getting over fear, or tips on how to prep myself to go? Thanks. :)

(This technique is assuming you have a single tuck and layout flyaway absolutely mastered. If not, go back to the basics)

Lots and lots of double back timers to the pit. (Fully rotate the first flip and rotate the second to your back.) When you've done enough of those, trust me, you will know that you can do it. It might take a long time, and more timers than you ever thought you could do, but the day will come when you are comfortable with doing it all the way.

At least that's the way I learned it, and flyaways have always been one of my hardest skills. Good luck!

Thank you so much. And yes, Ive been doing timers for a while now, yet still have the fear of flipping. Im hoping that as time goes on, ill become more comfortable with it, and be able to go.

Do you have a spotting belt over a set of bars? I know girls on my team have gotten over the fear of them while in the belt because they know they can't hit the ground. But if not, definitely timers and basics is the way to go!

But I'm just wondering, why the need for a double tuck, if it is so hard for you? Surely there's another dismount you could work on that you're more comfortable with?

Have you ever considered doing front flyaways instead of back flyaways? That's what I'm doing now, and I've always found it a lot less scary. (eg. double front flyaway instead of double back)

you said "a few years ago". so...you're not 9 or 10 anymore. move on and get over yourself. imagine the control you have over what you do today versus "a few years ago". get it done.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back