WAG Elbow tendinitis recovery

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have been having pain in at least 1 elbow since the summer, and went to the Dr and got diagnosed with a sprain. After resting it and it not getting much better, I went to the Dr again a couple weeks ago and was told I have tendinitis in both elbows.

They casted my worse one (right) to force complete rest for 17 days. I get it off Monday and may be getting a cast on my left arm. I start rehab with a physical therapist that specializes in dance and gymnastics therapy a week after my right arm's cast comes off.

My next meet is a travel one at the end of January. My Doctor told me I will be able to compete but I'm having a hard time believing it.

Any success stories on recovering from tendinitis quickly/at all? I was able to compete a few days before my arm was casted with minimal pain, but both have been hurting recently and I wonder if they will heal.

(Not asking for medical advice!!!! Just figured there is someone on here that has been through this and could give me their recovery timeline. I will of course follow my doctors instructions regardless.) thanks in advance! :)

My gymmie had tricep tendinitis which is similar.....at the back of the elbow. PT is the most important thing here......
What the physical therapist did (which helped inmmensly), massage....deep massage with a focus on loosening and lengthening the muscles.....this hurts.......Stretches for the forearm and for the tricep, these also hurt.......Lots and lots and lots of ice baths.....as many as you can fit in the day.
It lasted for several months.
Be very careful of not healing this because it can become tendinosis, which is more chronic.

Good luck!

Yes. No more pain in the elbow......it then was some other pain I can't remember....LOL
Just remember that stretching those growing muscles prevent injury. The shorter the muscles, the more tension on the ligaments and tendons......there are a lot of avulsion fractures in gymnastics......
Maybe introduce some yoga for fun?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back