WAG Elite question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd is 12, just finished a level 9 season, is training 10, and all signs indicate she is going 10 in the fall. She really wants to become an elite, do you think she is getting too old for this dream?

If you are ready to spend a lot of time, money, risk of serious injury, miss family and friend's events, juggle school and crazy gym schedules, deal with DD's siblings who get less attention, crazy gym moms who are jealous of your DD, SHORT family vacations, mental ups and downs of harder training and skill development, keeping your DD healthy and eating correctly, and basically giving up a lot of your free time for gymnastics......GO FOR IT!!!!!

Flying coach and DD to the ranch outside of Houston is also cheap!

Not trying to discourage you but it's the world my family lives in right now......Doing JO is tough and try multiplying that by 2. A lot of times I wish she chose soccer or golf......

I'd have to agree that 12 is a fine age.
But I also agree that you have to take everything into consideration, time, money, mental/physical health, siblings needs etccc before making that jump! I'm sure you've thought about all this though if you're asking this question!
Good luck to you and your DD!!

The tricky thing is that at her age, 12, she will 19 when the olympics come around again. That's not too old and yes it's not exactly in the sights of course.

She is of the age that Pan-Am's and World's are still possibilities, well more probable than the Olympics. And there is some conjecture that we may be seeing older elites in the near future due to peaking and more acceptance of older athletes and body sizes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back