WAG Elite question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

From what I remember (and I may be wrong or it may have changed), it depends partly on if the elite had an international assignment. If they did, no requalification needed.
If not, I think they only have to requalify Optional routines and not compulsory.

Once an elite achieves her elite compulsory and optional scores and competes at a Classics meet she is an elite and she does not have to qualify elite again. They do have to achieve a qualifying score for optional routines at a qualifier or at a National Team training camp during the year previous to compete at Classics and P&G's(or previous yearOlympic/World team members get in automatically). But they don't have to ever achieve the elite compulsory score again.

But what about the kids that didn't go to the Olympics?

Well, the chart is for 2016-2017, the new 2017-2018 chart isn't available so it might change, but it appears that, or at least how I interpret it, once a gymnast has qualified Elite in compulsory and optional, she is elite and would need to petition back to L10; however, each year elite gymnasts must qualify to a Classic (similar to JO Regionals, etc.) by achieving a designated AA score at the previous year's championship, at NTTC, or the current year's qualifiers. To qualify for P&Gs, the gymnast needs to achieve a designated AA score at a current year Classic meet, at NTTC, while on an international assignment, or for the 2016-2017 year, have been named to the 2016 Olympic team (including replacements).
So for instance, a gymnast qualified elite in 2016, advanced from a Classic to P&Gs, but did not receive a 53.00 AA on either day of competition (assuming that this is what is meant by the chart, although I suppose it could mean a 53.00 AA combined score for both days, I dunno). She would need to re-qualify to the 2017 Classics by achieving a 51.00 AA at a 2017 qualifier, unless she met other criteria....See the confusion??? Lol!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back