WAG Experience with Shine Tour with Nastia?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sevenatenine2

Coach
Proud Parent
My daughter would like to go to a local tour stop, but I have some questions.

Is the price $125 a ticket? I saw that somewhere, but not on the official site. Do parents buy tickets, or just for the kids? Is it a drop off thing?

If your daughter went, was it worth the money and was it a good experience? Thanks, all!

No answer here, but my daughter follows Nastia on instagram and we always wonder what the Shine Tour is. Hopefully I'll get the answer here.

I know nothing about the Shine tour, but we did go see Tour of Champions. It was fun and enjoyable, but I did not think it was really worth the expense of the tickets. Both of my kids enjoyed P&G nationals and Winter Cup a lot more.

My understanding is that the girls go into a gym where Nastia is visiting. The first hour, she speaks about her experiences, challenges, etc. The second hour the kids get to "hang out" and eat lunch with Nastia, get autographs, and have their pictures taken.

This reminds me of when I paid $110 to meet Nathan Fillion and all my friends told me I was nuts. It was so worth it. I'd pay it if my DD really wanted to meet someone, even if they weren't my cup of tea. :D

This reminds me of when I paid $110 to meet Nathan Fillion and all my friends told me I was nuts. It was so worth it. I'd pay it if my DD really wanted to meet someone, even if they weren't my cup of tea. :D

Now to meet Nathan Fillion, I WOULD pay a considerable amount of money!

I've seen this tour floating around instagram. Seems like a way of making easy money. I mean even Taylor Swift (generally) doesn't charge for a meet and greet.

It was part of a camp out our gym. Yes, you have to pay individually, so if a parent wanted to go in it was an additional $125. Unfortunately my DD is young and couldn't figure out the whole autograph thing, so she didn't even end up getting to say hi or get an autograph and there were no adults back there to make sure each girl got their time with Nastia. Very disappointing and NOT worth the money if it hadn't already been included in the camp fees.

I am not sure I would pay to meet him, but, I am so jealous you got a hug. He is so cute!

Nastia is not my favorite gymnast (for a variety of reasons) and for the price of those tickets I would get more value elsewhere.

She came to Dd's gym and my daughter went. I scoffed at the fee too, but her friends were going so I didn't want her to miss out. She loved it and had an amazing experience. I disagree somewhat with a post above -- it sort of isn't just about gymnastics. Of course, that is the common denominator here, but the talk focused on bigger things and she tried to apply her gymnastics experiences to school and life in general. Gymnastics is her frame of reference, but she did make an effort to extend it beyond that -- how to focus, make goals, adjust plans, work hard, etc. Those things apply universally.

Nastia is different than our girls for sure, but I think my daughter walked away with something valuable too. She came right home and made a vision board (something Nastia talked about) and she has continued to update it and think more about her personal goals. She does this not only for gymnastics, but also her school/class goals (which she tracks in OneNote). She is 11 so you have to keep that in context for the age of your child, but it was worth it to us. Nastia was extremely nice and stayed for a long time. The girls all loved it.

Our gym franchise had the Night To Shine. My daughter did not go. From what I was told Nastia really just talks for an hour or so, answers questions. I am sure she has some wisdom to share as well as talk about various opportunities for gymnasts, but unless you are a Nastia fan, I don't think it is worth it.

Let me edit my above post by stating, perhaps some girls (maybe younger girls) benefit from it as seeker stated. I pulled the below quote from her website as I was curious myself.

"This night is not about gymnastics – it’s a chance for Nastia to interact with girls of all ages – athletes and non-athletes – to share her story and talk with them about the issues that they are facing. Nastia has had many amazing opportunities in her life, but she has also faced disappointments and she has learned from her journey the importance of goal setting, motivation, self confidence and a good support system. Her hope is that every girl will leave this event feeling inspired to SHINE in their own life.

Nastia’s special presentation will be followed by an informal hour of hanging out with Nastia – you’ll be able to talk to her, get autographs, take pictures and enjoy a dinner from Subway!"

From what I gather, it is a motivational type session.

Here is a video of the girls waiting for the session to start. It seems very informal and allows for closer interaction with Nastia.

My daughter would like to go to a local tour stop, but I have some questions.

Is the price $125 a ticket? I saw that somewhere, but not on the official site. Do parents buy tickets, or just for the kids? Is it a drop off thing?

If your daughter went, was it worth the money and was it a good experience? Thanks, all!
She visited my gym. Although I didn't go, i heard a few things about it. Nothing bad, but nothing amazing, most everyone just said it was "good". However, this depends on the gymnast, as I heard one girl say it inspired her to continue her gymnastics, and that it changed her views on it. Ultimately, it's your choice:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back