MAG Feedback on boys' programs in Northern Virginia

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

vagymmom5

Proud Parent
With the boys' competition season coming to an end soon, I am looking for a new team for my son. I have been looking most closely at Capital Gymnastics NTC in Burke and Apollo Gymnastics in Woodbridge. Both seem to have strong programs and, not unimportant given the traffic in my area, are within a reasonable driving distance. I have heard great things about GMS, but it's too far for us to make it there for after-school practices. Same goes for anything out 66.

Does anyone have experience with the boys' programs at those gyms? If so, I would love to ask you a few questions about the team program, either here or via a direct message. I have searched the threads here as best I can, but most of the info is geared toward the girls' teams. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

My son has competed against both and I've been impressed with the boys' form and results, but I don't know anything about the programs beyond that. Are you closer to DC or further out? If closer to DC, I can give you some advice on the gyms in Arlington. I have also heard good things about GMS, but empathize with the traffic issues. I spend a LOT of time driving to and from gym in traffic. :mad:

I don't know where you are but if you are toward DC, you might also look into Fairland in Mount Laurel, MD. I know nothing about how their program works and feels, but their guys look terrific.

I don't know anything firsthand but we did have a child from our gym move to Va. a few years ago and is now at Apollo. By all accounts he has flourished and loves it there

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back