fees

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think it depends on the gym. It usually is in reference to meet fees, coaches fees, etc.

At DDs old gym, there were no assessment fees. There was a one time buy in to the booster club and the cost varied depending on the level your DD started at the gym in.

At her new gym, there are assessment fees each competitive season. We have 2 here, Fall and Spring. Fall is the main season, assessment fees are $200. This covers the team fees, coaches pay/travel to meets, upgrades to equipment, education for coaches, etc. Spring season it is $115, only if they compete in the spring.

Those fees do not cover meets. Old gym had a booster club and we paid the actual meet fee -10% that booster club covered. New gym we pay about $85-95 per meet.

I know others pay assessment fees here as well, but they are different that how mine is. Hopefully they will chime in soon. I think it varies widely because each gym sets up their meet fee payment differently.

Another example, at old gym, had a booster club. Gym tuition was paid to gym, meet stuff, was paid to booster club. At new gym, no booster club, gym tuition paid to gym and then added on to our bill each month are the extras, leo/warmup, meet fees, assessment, etc. We usually get a breakdown of what will be due each month at the beginning, so we aren't in shock, LOL.

Last edited:
Mariposa has it right. Every gym is different in how they handle fees, but they are all designed to cover the cost of competition. Club Gymnastics is a very expensive sport what with montly tuition, competition leo/warm ups/equipment, meet fees, coaches meet fees/expenses, dd and family travel, etc., and it gets worse as your dd moves up the levels. Gyms often have a rule that dd's account must be current and have enough funds in it to cover the next meet's expenses or she isn't allowed to compete in that meet. Good luck!

I am noticing that it isnt cheap! assesment fees, tuition leo, and warm up cost, meet fund , equipment fee, usag membership fee all seperate:) Yikes what did we get into.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back