Finally a good meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

aerialriver

Coach
Gymnast
I have been struggling so much lately with fear and a hurt back. For the last 3 meets I fell on my trampoline routine, blew my double mini passes and even had to scratch double mini for one meet due to my back. We had a meet yesterday and I am the most negative person ever, all I can think about is history repeating itself, falling, others are way better then me etc. I don't know why and I'm really trying to change it but I've been doing it forever. Up until practice at the meet I did not have a trampoline routine. I went to the gym Saturday to try and get it and ended up a frustrated crying mess (I never cry) I had to way water down my routine and honestly was embarrassed to even do it at the meet.Well...

First up was tumbling, the rod floor felt amazing so much springier (is that a word) than ours, I flew through both my passes nailing them and sticking them. it felt great! I got the highest score I have ever gotten on tumbling and first place!

Then on to double mini, I did my first pass and landed on my feet, did take a couple steps. On my second pass I was supposed to do a double back full and did 1 1/2 and thought I was around so I stopped and much to my suprise stuck it! I did get a big deduction for not completing the pass I stated I was going to do but it was much better than the previous meets for a 4th place.

Then the dreaded trampoline, I did my compulsory routine it was a little flingy and out of the box a few times but overall good and i was fairly tight. Then the optional it was good until the end where I felt like I was struggling hard to pull it off. I did my last skill the rudi I have been having big problems with and was shocked to realize I had landed on my feet and even did an out bounce! Then my score came up and I was floored! Highest score I have ever gotten! And at level 10! I won first place and left that night floating and feeling so good. I hope the rest of the season can play out well! Just had to brag!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back