Parents Finally I get to do a meet report! Chicago Style...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

Beth competed beam and bars--level 8--on Saturday and did okay--not fantastic, but not horrible either!

She was bummed that she was last session on Saturday--she wanted to be in the morning, so she could compete, then not worry about it. And she wanted to start on bars, so she could do both her events and be done--but she started on beam, so did first and last events!

She looked okay on beam--a tad wobbly at times, but not too bad. Routine is watered down because of her foot, but no falls or anything--got an 8.975 and good for 14th place.

Bars she barely got to warm up. Her coach wanted to warm up half their flight, then compete (I think he wanted to leave!), so she only got to do one top change in warm-up and it didn't look great in her routine. But again--not terrible. She was upset though--she got an 8.45 and didn't place (looked it up and she was 17th).

I'm uploading the video to youtube right now. Link in my sig.

Hoping she'll do all-around at the next meet in two weeks--she's got to start floor and vault this week for that to happen though. She might skip gymnastics today as she's sick--hard to tumble when you're starting off dizzy!

I'm sure Beth was thrilled to be out there competing again. She has an awesome split jump on beam! Hoping the dizziness passes quickly and she is able to start training vault and floor!

Beam looked great! I am sure when her foot is 100%, she will rock beam. I hope she's feeling better soon and can start training vault and floor.

Great job! Sorry that bars didn't go like she wanted, sure it would have gone better if she could've warmed it up properly. She'll be ready for all around at the next meet.

I thought she did a great job. She is one amazing 11-year old!! Hope she gets to compete all around very soon!:) Oh, and hope she gets well soon too!

Great Job Beth! She has come a long way in a very short time after her injury!

Can't wait till she can compete the AA.. is that at the TC Classic meet? Or Northern Lights?

Glad she is out competing again!! How exciting for her I am sure. Being injured during meet season just sucks. I think she did great considering she is coming back from injury. And on bars, that just bites that she couldn't warm up her bars the way she should have been able to. Sending her compete AA fairies for that next meet!!

I bet she was so excited--and nervous--to compete again! She did well, especially considering her injury and the fact that she didn't have a complete warm-up on bars. Way to go, Beth!

Great Job Beth! She has come a long way in a very short time after her injury!

Can't wait till she can compete the AA.. is that at the TC Classic meet? Or Northern Lights?

Hoping it'll be at the TC Classic--they are doing Northern Lights too--last meet before State, so if she has any hopes of making State, she has to do all-around sooner rather than later!

Hoping it'll be at the TC Classic--they are doing Northern Lights too--last meet before State, so if she has any hopes of making State, she has to do all-around sooner rather than later!
we will be at both those meets too! Tho dd is only Level 4

she looks great out there!

Yay for Beth. Glad to hear that she is getting back into the swing of things. Sometimes we have to see things for what they really are, she should be proud that she was able to go out there and do anything at all - that should count for something, she's one tough cookie! I have my fingers crossed for her that she will get to start floor and vault real soon and that AA is possible for the next meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back