Coaches FIRST GIANT - YAAAAY!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymisforeveryone

Coach
Judge
I'm the proudest and happiest coach on this planet right now. My fifteen year old gymnast did her first giant on wooden bar for the first time ever today and SHE WAS THE FIRST GYMNAST I HAVE EVER TAUGHT A GIANT SUCCESSFULLY! I just started to coach these starting optional girls on January and they are also the first optionals I have ever coached.

We were both SO surprised when she just accidentally did it all the way up to handstand and over the bar when we were working on baby giants. We just started working on baby giants with her a few weeks ago. At first she couldn't even do a long hang pullover with straight arms but then she just started to progress like a rocket and something clicked.

This gymnast is a late starter. She has been on team for two years. Six months ago she couldn't do a kip with straight arms or connect it to anything and giants were just a unrealistic dream so she has made HUGE progress on bars!

Thank you, I just needed to brag a little :)

she just accidentally did it all the way up to handstand and over the bar when we were working on baby giants. We just started working on baby giants with her a few weeks ago.

Remember that this is how she learned them, and realize she's still learning. Keep her on a steady, but not strict, of baby giants because she'll have fewer mistakes and more successes. Slowly transition over the next month from a workload that favors more baby giants than big giants to favoring big giants by the end of the month.

Even after all that you gotta keep the baby giant in her work week as a reminder of what to do. It's ok to let her slide if she has more accidents during these baby giants, as long as they still resemble baby giants because her feet get around ahead of her hip and shoulders.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back