First level 5 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sportsmommy

Proud Parent
My dd had her first L5 this weekend. She fell on her squat on. A skill she had not been struggling on at all. Bars is her favorite event. She also fell on her cw on beam but she had been struggling with that. She did her vault without a spot which was a big accomplishment. She placed 5th on floor and she placed 6th all around. I am very proud of her. Overall she is happy how the meet went.

That is a great first meet! Congrats to her for making it over the vault, my DD had major issues with L5 vault too. It will get better as the season goes on. Glad she is happy and you are proud, that's what it's all about!

Congrats to your dd! L5 is a big and scoring can be tough, but sounds like she pulled it out. Can't wait to hear her improvement.

Congratulations to your daughter! A first meet at a new level can be scary. That's great that she was able to do the vault without a spot. I'm sure those cartwheels will come -- it can be a lot harder for some kids to do them when they know they're being judged. But one of our girls who was very inconsistent with this skill last year nailed both her back walkover and her full turn at her first level 6 meet this past weekend, so hopefully with experience and seasoning, the nerve issues will resolve themselves!

Ah, the squat on -- my daughter had NO trouble with this skill at all her entire first year at level 5. Not in practice, not in meets. Then last year, she missed two of them in meets! She was so mad at herself! I'm glad to hear your daughter was overall happy after her meet. Maybe she won't wind herself up into a big mental block about it, and that squat on will be there the next time she needs it.

Did she compete floor last? I always think it is so impressive when a kid has a rough rotation and then picks her/himself up and does a great job on the next event.

All in all, it sounds like a solid first meet for her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back