Parents first time competing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

@Deleted member 18037 Dang, mine is 11 and I let her plan and take what she feels she needs. Now I feel like I am delinquent in my duty.
Most of her stuff is always in her bag.

And I traveled for work in my pre-Mom days. I’m a scuba diver too. Managing your equipment and working out of your bag is very important. As is comfort when you travel. Truly it was also part of Kindy orientation as well, so that’s how long she has been managing it. She’s a great traveler/packer too, very low maintenance. Her and I can be ready to roll for vacation very quickly. :cool:

The food, that’s my love language, it’s the Italian in me. :)

@Deleted member 18037 I think about mine likes to pack for trips etc too. When she travels she likes to pack each days outfit in a quart ziplock bag. That bag includes everything for the day including underwear.

Organized is a good trait in a gymnast. I am laughing at the thought of her packing in a QUART sizes bag. Many gymnasts are small but not doll sized, I’m guessing she packs in a gallon sized bag.

I can’t believe you’re not allowed water, I would not be happy for my dd to have a competition last 3+ hours and be told no water, I’m actually shocked a gym would do that.
The gym we are going to this weekend has specific rules about drinks. IF a gymnast needs a drink of water, it MUST be a container with a leak-proof lid. The gymnast must get the bottle out of her bag, take a drink, immediately put the lid back on (even if they are going to be taking a few drinks), and return it to their bag. They are not allowed to eat a snack during the competition ... but if they MUST eat something, they have to have their coach take them to a certain spot where they can eat a little non-messy snack.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back